Loud AD2 4G

gpn

Oct 18, 2016
Sunshine and Big Holes
I installed a brand new ad2 4g a few months ago chasing a fuel problem. It wasn't the fix but it was a great excuse to justify the expense... :rolleyes:

Anyway, since then it just seems LOUD. I can hear it in the cab when idling, windows up and ac fan on medium. I'm deleted and 4" straight pipe on a LMM so it isn't real quiet when it idles. Why is the damn thing so loud? With the engine off and key in the run position you can hear the pump from 20' away from the truck.

I followed the instructions and I primed the system with the stock primer bulb before running it. Still on the first set of filters on the AD too.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
My buddy chased the same problem. He brought it to me asking if I could make a quiet box for it,lol. He called AD and the replacement is quiet; it was a lemon. My other buddy's got loud before they crapped out - all 4 so far. Call AD.

gpn

Oct 18, 2016
Sunshine and Big Holes
I'll double check that the pickup seal is good and I'll also call airdog.

How hot to the touch does your motor get? Mine was warm enough that it wasn't comfortable to touch. I could keep my hand there but it wasn't nice. It was a nice 80 degree day today.

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
No offense to ad. but that's why I went with kennedy years ago my 06 has had kennedy pumps for 11 years now no problems at all have to lay on a creeper and touch them to make sure they're running they are so quiet. Sounds like you need a warranty replacement pump to address the concern if all connections are clean and tight. What's the pressure set at? If you have a gauge plumbed in?

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
Some are set high and low they set them at 15-18 if I recall at least that's what I remember then the and user can plumb in a gauge and set accordingly to their own psi if need be. Not saying you have a pressure issue but curious if yours is high and the pressure dead heading causing a back up in the supply and loading the pump up leading to the noise heard just something to think about may or may not be the problem could be internal to the pump motor itself. best bet is contact air dog and see what they recommend you try for proper diagnosis