Loss of power.

twl2u87

Oct 1, 2018
Indiana
Hey guys, new to the forum and duramax trucks. I recently got a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500hd 4x4 CC with 248xxx miles. Truck is pretty stock except a 4” straight exhaust without a muffler. Resonator delete. Pcv reroute. And some Max Power mp8 module that was already on the truck when I bought it.

My problem started maybe a week back. I’ll start by saying when I first test drove the truck and the couple weeks following, it pulled hard and really got up and goed. But now not so much... feels like a loss of boost pressure. And I don’t have a boost gauge or egt gauge currently so that doesn’t help me.
But I’ve replaced fuel filter with an ac Delco filter. I performed a boost leak test and surprisingly found no leaks anywhere. Truck feels like I’m running on just engine and no boost. I can hear the turbo once I first barely get on it but if I give it more on the throttle, I don’t hear it anymore or like I did previously.

I’ve read through many forums about similiar problems. Limp mode, boost leak, bad diesel fuel, turbo vain position sensor, bad injectors, etc etc.
just looking for some feedback before I start throwing parts at it.
Anything I can check or try?

Thanks

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Get a scan tool of some sort and verify the engine is commanding and achieving proper boost, fuel pressure, fuel quantity, etc. We can't guess what the problem is without knowing what the truck is or isn't doing.

ChrisPerry

Apr 4, 2016
Ventura, CA
Is it blowing black smoke when floored.

Start with cleaning the maf, check that the resonator plug hasn't popped out, did you accidentally turn the programmer to a smaller tune.

twl2u87

Oct 1, 2018
Indiana
Get a scan tool of some sort and verify the engine is commanding and achieving proper boost, fuel pressure, fuel quantity, etc. We can't guess what the problem is without knowing what the truck is or isn't doing.

True. Thanks, I’ll find a local diesel shop or some local with the ability to do that.

twl2u87

Oct 1, 2018
Indiana
Is it blowing black smoke when floored.

Start with cleaning the maf, check that the resonator plug hasn't popped out, did you accidentally turn the programmer to a smaller tune.

No black smoke. I’ve cleaned the maf sensor, but will check into it again. Resonator plug is still firmly seated.

Possibly? The dial switch for max power module in the cab of the truck does not illuminate a light where it should. 3 wires to that switch. Red, black and a green. I tested to see if power was getting to the switch yesterday.. and once I put the test light to the red wire, it lit up, than the idle of the motor came down a 100rpms or so. It was odd