LB7: Loss of power/fuel milage

kcabbie

Jun 6, 2012
Cleveland Texas
I went from 20+mpg to 14 or less. I just replaced the fuel filter and it helped a bit with the power, but according to my mpg's there still the same.

This truck use to rev to 3k easy in 5th and would hit 70mph in a second, not so much any more. Seems like it struggles badly to get to 2800. Seems to have a loud diesel knock.

I hooked up my EFI Live Scan Tool and turned my fuel pressure up to 160mpa and my commanded was 23k and actual was 20k.
Then I took a drive and it seemed to stay pretty close to the desired pressure.

Injector rates were great. CP3? Any and all help would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Sep 10, 2008
Morehead City, North Carolina
Injectors can still fail with great balance rates. Mine failed in your exact situation. Crank case was full of fuel. Leaked all over garage floor. Pull oil dipstick and check for fuel. When's last time you've changed your fuel filter?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
What was the idle fuel rate? It should be in the 8-12MM3 area. If it is lower then your injectors are most likely going. If aLL 8 injectors are injecting to much from wear, the balance rates will be good but the idle fuel rate will drop down.

kcabbie

Jun 6, 2012
Cleveland Texas
I will check the idle fuel rate tomorrow.

I replaced my fuel filter two months ago, and just replaced it again. There is no fuel in my oil either.

Thanks for the tips

kcabbie

Jun 6, 2012
Cleveland Texas
Was super busy today and did not get a chance to check my idle fuel rate.

How ever my truck is acting worse.. It's got a horrible roughness to be described as a bouncing motion.. I feels like it is coming from the front passenger side.

I lifted the wheel and it has about a 1/8" worth of play up and down, and over 1/2" play side to side(putting very minimal amount of force, barley pushing it!). I would say my wheel bearings need to be replaced, but what about the side to side? Ball joints? Could this give the vertical play? My bearings are only a couple months old.

Got a LONG trip tomorrow(8+ hrs).. if there is any definite answer please let me know! Also, if it helps when driving it pulls to the passenger side. But when braking it yanks to the driver side.

Thanks again.