Losing Bed Weight

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Any Idea what the truck weighs? I've been thinking about ditching the sump and stock tank. Considering I can sell both for about what a cell costs. Does your fuel level gauge still work or does your cell not have a sender?

Who's truck? Cells are cheap IMO I made mine from aluminum but you can get them from Summit for cheap.

As far as the tank gauge, I bought a fuel level sending unit from Autometer that was the same voltage and parameters as OEM. And was just going to recalibrate the fuel level with EFI. I never bothered rigging it up though.

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
I'm curious, hauling all day I want weight on drive axle. Doesn't losing rear weight make the tires spin easier?

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
I'm curious, hauling all day I want weight on drive axle. Doesn't losing rear weight make the tires spin easier?

Not launching in four wheel. A well setup will transfer enough weight to plant the tires with out lifting the front wheels. Also the same reason why the tanks: fuel, nitrous, over fill, are all mounted far back.
Now driving on the street when its rainy lol

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand

Nope, Its raw horsepower that makes ya tires spin :D

The fuel tank sits on the same side as the driver, I prefer to have the weight equal all the way around the truck as much as possible, if you catch what im saying

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Lose bed weight like I do and lose your flare off the bed somewhere between your first and second run. Now I got a big rust oval showing lol.

Stancedlb7

Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
Just wondering, you guys are most likely running hood stacks right? Now Ive got to figure out how to mount the stack.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I have a dump right behind the driver tire that goes through the wheel well. I was gonna do a hood stack and delete my filter head and brace it to the engine there.

Stancedlb7

Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
I have a dump right behind the driver tire that goes through the wheel well. I was gonna do a hood stack and delete my filter head and brace it to the engine there.

I dont want to chop up my hood. And local track requires a "90% Turn Up." I had a dump on my white truck. Best looking and sounding setup ever!

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I dont want to chop up my hood. And local track requires a "90% Turn Up." I had a dump on my white truck. Best looking and sounding setup ever!

Mine kicks out, my track doesn't care I just did it so I wouldn't get any messed up slips from smoking out the lights.