Loosing Speedworld dragstrip

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Rest of 2012 events are still scheduled, we will see what happens after the 1st of the year. We may not be loosing speedworld, but are definately loosing Firebird Intl racetrack, so it still sucks.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Was just at SIR last weekend, have only been there a few times, but its a ncie track, might head down there when it cools off. Firebird is shutting donw for good from whatt I have heard, it's on the Gila River Resirvation, and their lease is up in Feb of 2013. Huge new shopping center is said to be in the works. It's sad, now AZ will not have anywhere to host NHRA, and drag racing in AZ is a dieing sport.

ImpalaMax

Apr 4, 2011
Safford AZ
Thanks for the info. Ya that sucks their trying to shut everything Down.
Would SIR not be a option for Nhrda? We use to go to SIR pretty often years ago when the Nhra Funny Cars ran test runs and a bunch of door slammer events. Good fun except its hard to see the track from the Beer line. :rofl:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I tihnk SIR would be great for NHRDA, they used to have a few races down there seperate from NHRDA but diesel only, but didnt really take off. Way bigger pits than Speedworld, almost as big as Firebird.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Wtf firebirds closing too guess people with have to start street racing again

How much money do these two venues put into the arizona economy? I guess the state is to stupid to figure that out.

Last edited:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Pucking feckerheads.... just go to show how backwards bureaucracy really is. That land isn't gonna get used for shit once the state takes it back .....

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Pucking feckerheads.... just go to show how backwards bureaucracy really is. That land isn't gonna get used for shit once the state takes it back .....

You know it !! Same thing happen to ASCOT here in So Cal, they took away a legendary track to build an insurance auction yard! Fukin tards!!!