Looking To Purchasing New Dyno

Duramax 6.6L

Nov 23, 2006
Esperance, NY
I am looking for recommendations on purchasing a new dyno. I have been reading on all the current makes available and have a few questions for those who already have one.

I have info on a dyno that you remove the rear wheels and bolt adapters to the hub, then the adapters bolt onto a to the unit that measures the HP and TQ. The company is claiming that you receive a truer measurement because there can be no slippage of the tire on a drum.

What do you guys think or can you recommend a better dyno.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
After playing on many dynos over the years, the ones I've had the least hassle with are Dynojet and Superflow, Mustangs are OK too.

If I were to buy tomorrow, it would be a Dynojet.

05 bullet

Aug 6, 2008
I like the Superflow alot at Huckstorf Diesel very repeatable as far as HP ans TQ numbers go I got about 100 pulls on it so far making my tunes. Good thing I know him really good and did alot to help with the install or would have paid alot of $$$ for the time on the rollers. Just be prepared to shell out 80 to 100k after all said and done there is ALOT of hidden costs

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
I am looking for recommendations on purchasing a new dyno. I have been reading on all the current makes available and have a few questions for those who already have one.

I have info on a dyno that you remove the rear wheels and bolt adapters to the hub, then the adapters bolt onto a to the unit that measures the HP and TQ. The company is claiming that you receive a truer measurement because there can be no slippage of the tire on a drum.
What do you guys think or can you recommend a better dyno.

I tried to get a guy with one of these to dyno my truck and he said that the system wasn't able to handle the torque a diesel makes.

I do believe he was a bit confused though. He keep telling me that the Tq number should be multiplied by what ever the gear ratio was. So, if your truck put 1000ft-lb to the ground it would be like 3k to his machine..:confused:

Trippin

SoCal Diesel
Aug 10, 2006
I have run on a Dynojet, as well as a Mustang and Superflow.

Superflow would be my choice.

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008
There is a really nice mobile Dynojet 248 set-up for sale out here in Maryland, for the last year its done about 99% diesel trucks and 1% cars etc. Measures up to 1800hp/1800tq

Price is alot less than $80k too. If you are interested you can find it on ebay and a bunch of forums right now.