Looking to get a new CAI

Tano

Jun 8, 2013
San Angelo, Texas
So, I am very displeased with my current Cold Air Intake and would like to just get a new one.
I am wanting one that is sealed off and is not sucking in hot air directly from the engine like my current one.
Does anyone have a used one for an LB7 I can buy?
Or even have any recommendations on what brand I can get for a reasonable price?
Thanks ahead of time.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
What do you have now? A sealed one like you mentioned is definitely better! I personally love the Banks CAI

X2

I really like my banks intake, the way they made the air flow from the box to the turbo is pretty smooth, I have the super scoop as well and together they make for a really trick intake set up:thumb: fit and finish is superb.

To op- you may also want to look into upgrading the LB7 turbo intake horn to the LBZ turbo intake horn, I've heard it's a great upgrade for you LB7 guys;) I'm not sure if when you order an intake, regardless of which one, if you would need to order it for an LBZ at that point??? There are quite a few members here that have done the turbo intake swap, maybe they will chime in....

Tano

Jun 8, 2013
San Angelo, Texas
That's for the input guys!
Not sure on what I currently have as it came with the truck and has no markings.
It has an alluminium inlet and gets WAY too hot and is not sealed.
100% sure it's pulling in really hot air.
I'll definitely be looking into the HSP.

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
You can order a new intake horn off of Alligator performance that is an DPR intake horn. I have heard a lot of good things about these, I plan on ordering one for my truck pretty soon. :thumb:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Banks definitely makes a nice intake. I had one before my twins and IAT's would almost always match outside temps. My twins use open filter under the hood and are for sure always higher then outside temps

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
Banks definitely makes a nice intake. I had one before my twins and IAT's would almost always match outside temps. My twins use open filter under the hood and are for sure always higher then outside temps

Sorry to jack the forum op.

I plan on going to twins pretty soon what kind of EGT's are you seeing with your setup?

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
Just take the factory horn off and grind out the lip at the end. The lb7s bellow in about a 1/2" and are restricting. Took me under an hour to take it off grind it and put it back on. Also S&B makes a nice sealed intake for around $260

mreeves23

Big Hog Customs, LLC
Sep 15, 2011
Poseyville, IN
I agree with Henry. I would vote for the ProFab Performance LB7 intake horn. Very nice unit from a great manufacturer. The SB or Banks intake is also a very nice addtion with the intake horn!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Geezus, you think that Bill bought one of Rick's intake horns and simply copied it? Nice R&D there....:rolleyes:

BTW, I have one of the first horns Rick made. :) It helped a lot. Its still on my turbo.
I also second the S&B intakes...they are well made and decently priced. I liked that they pull air from underneath, not thru the engine compartment.