looking into a Duramax

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
hello all,

i've been in the market for a truck for a while and decided on a duramax. i'm looking at one right now that Larry Jewell posted in the VIN section for me earlier today. it's an '02 CCSB that belongs to a good friend's father. anyway, if i decide on this truck, what mods should i look into to help the truck last a long time? it had a new set of injectors installed not too long ago. i've read a little about fuel filter upgrades and something about pump rub. would anyone care to elaborate? any other mods of similar nature?

thanks,
Jimmy

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
:hello: & :welcome5:

Wish I could help, but the stuff we sell will make your truck faster, not last longer :witch:

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
So you looked at the rest, and went with the "BEST" welcome aboard.:cool2: Like Kat said, Faster and longer is a tough call

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
Welcome to the site. If you want it to last longer whatever you do don't buy EFILive. :rofl: If you want more power and spend more money on the trans and motor then the first thing you want to do is buy EFILive. :rofl::rofl:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
These trucks are made to haul ass not last along time.

Keep it stock and it will last, but if you hang out here to much you will not want stock very long.

Pumprub is a transfer case issue PPE has a fix for it so you won't ruin your transcase.

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
hey now...no need to bring my toy in on this:D
i'm not done building it yet, but i know it will do better than a 13.8. heck, it will probably do that the way it is right now. :rofl:
anyway, if you guys can rag on a truck all day long and still make it last, why not ask for some tips on how to make it last?
thanks for the responce to the transfer case. any advise on the fuel filter?

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
i'm not done building it yet, but i know it will do better than a 13.8. heck, it will probably do that the way it is right now. :rofl:
anyway, if you guys can rag on a truck all day long and still make it last, why not ask for some tips on how to make it last?
mine 13.8 on a 2wd setup... 4w4 are about .6th faster
tune and tranny on the lb7 and you are runing 13-13.5 out the door ;)

fuel filter i run wix/baldwins filters

Last edited:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo

Change it often, I do mine every other oil change :D you can also install a lift pump setup like the Airdog or Fass, both give you secondary filters and a water seperator. I have the Fass on my truck, but either are good.

The search button here is pretty good, try a search on lift pump, FASS, Airdog, etc......

May 21, 2008
Stephenville Tx
LB7... good choice,get a good exhaust on it like a 4 or 5" kit, buy EFI and put you a "little" tow tune on it that will also help mpg's.Like some others have said I would put a lift-pump on it with a secondary fuel and water seperator.

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
um stay away from tylerrustlb7 as he is on his 5th motor in 75,000 miles, and larry is ok but he is crazy..:D no but good choice on the truck like them alot and they sound good, tylers is nice when its running!:rofl: