EFILive Looking for help getting started with EFI Live

BobbyBDirtyMax

US Marine Corps Retired
Feb 15, 2013
Madisonville, KY
I recently bought the V2 for GM and Dodge and I'm looking for some help getting started building and organizing my tunes, I don't know a lot about how the program works just yet but any helpful hints or tips would be great, thanks guys

BobbyBDirtyMax

US Marine Corps Retired
Feb 15, 2013
Madisonville, KY
Yes I got some tunes, 5 for the duramax and 5 for the dodges. I'm just looking for hits and tips on how and what to do as far as adjusting and building more tunes so that I don't make a big mistake or something of that nature, the last thing I want to do is build and test a tune that could destroy something. PM me if necessary, I'd really appreciate any tips. Thanks

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You trying to start a tuning business or something?

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
All I can say is trial and error. Just start out changing one thing at a time and see how it effects the truck and data log and go from there. That's how Everyone starts out pretty much.

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
Use the scan tool. Logging is very important. Learn all you can about the relationship between rail pressure, injector duration, and timing. It's like any love triangle; it can be awesome or it can blow up in your face.

BobbyBDirtyMax

US Marine Corps Retired
Feb 15, 2013
Madisonville, KY
Thnsks guys, I appreciate the help. I log all my info and all that so I am slowly working towards figuring it all out. Yes I am working towards opening my own shop with my own tuning, and other services. I graduated from Wyotech in 2005 for diesel tech, specialty the duramax, so just working slowly towards spreading my knowledge, always had other people tune so I want to do it myself and progress. It's not easy, never will be. I'm not asking for tunes or any logged data just tips on some do's and dont's from others that have made it good and bad.