Looking at buying an lml

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Hey guys got an offer on my truck today and if all goes well will be selling come saturday. Ive got it for sale over on df but anyways heres my question, I really just want to go back to a stock truck and leave it alone and really want a 2011 to current denali 2500hd. So my question is what do i have to worry about with the lmls besides the emissions stuff?? Any input would be appriciated thanks.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I have an 11' lml with 36,000 miles on it and have had no issues. This truck pulls so much better than my 03' did. If buying used I would call a dealer with the vin to make sure the warranty had not been voided!

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
My dad has an '11 LML with about 20k on it. It's had no issues, he has not had to fill the urea tank as of yet, I actually think its pretty much still almost full. Pulls hard, smooth ride, it really is quite a rig.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
My dad has an '11 LML with about 20k on it. It's had no issues, he has not had to fill the urea tank as of yet, I actually think its pretty much still almost full. Pulls hard, smooth ride, it really is quite a rig.

Did he buy it new? That's crazy if it hasn't needed any urea in 20k miles.

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
Did he buy it new? That's crazy if it hasn't needed any urea in 20k miles.

He did buy it new. I do have to say he is one of the slowest drivers of all time and really babies the truck. Also, very little to no towing. I have heard if you are easy on them then they use less urea (ie. the more soot you would be producing the more urea consumed to counter that soot). That's what I always thought the reason was anyways, maybe there is a more serious underlying issue lol.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I have 30k on mine and it has not been back to the shop. Pulls awesome and depspite what some would say it gets great mileage. I regularly see 20mpg highway with some trips getting 21-22. regen seems to be every 250miles for me but I drive it pretty hard.

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
I have seen very few issues with them at work, well other than a broken crank lol. They are great trucks and would buy one in a heart beat if I had the money:(

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
I would LOVE to have a 11-12 denali LML but $$$ doesnt persue that deam :(

Great trucks all and all from what I have heard and read tho!

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I have a 11 bought it new and has had a leaking rear main seals once 10,000 miles or so. Unfortinatly it wasn't stock after about 5,000 miles so it's on me to fix it. Use the search and find the thread about the rubber part of the fan shroud that is messing up radiators

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I know there is a definite price jump, but I have been keeping my eyes peeled for LMLs and it seems like they aren't much cheaper used. I have seen them as low as 20k miles for $48k up to trucks with 70k and they still want $40k+. According to GMCs website you can get a 2014 denali with a duramax for $56k.

Janimal444

Jun 25, 2012
Salem, NH
I know there is a definite price jump, but I have been keeping my eyes peeled for LMLs and it seems like they aren't much cheaper used. I have seen them as low as 20k miles for $48k up to trucks with 70k and they still want $40k+. According to GMCs website you can get a 2014 denali with a duramax for $56k.

Steve, you are correct, my dad bought his as a leftover in 2012 for 42k, now the used ones I see are almost all the time more than that:confused::confused:. I also, want an LML bad, have tossed around the idea of selling my truck but I think I'd miss the power too much.

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Thanks a lot guys. Yeah there's deff a price jump and that 56 is just bone stock with probably a 5 gal bucket as a seat. I'm looking at probably taking mine and selling it to a dealer as they said they will give me what I paid for it 7 years ago and they even know it has a bunch of stuff done to it. I ultimately just want a truck that has everything with a warranty instead of keep putting money into mine. If I do anymore to mine I'm worried about the motor going and I can't see spending that much to rebuild a motor to just drive it back to the store and stuff . Keep all the info coming guys I deff think I'll be happy with the decision.:woott:

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
We service and repair 3 lml work trucks regularly. All have between 100k and 150k miles. The company they belong to loves them. Only work we've done to them has been emissions related. I don't remember everything but I know they've all had at least nox sensors a couple times

sent from a galaxy far far away

Polaris7x

Dec 25, 2011
loves park, ill
Well drove a brand new 13 denali today,. boy what a difference going from a truck with balls to a truck thats all stock. Love the truck so now just gotta save up a little more,. thanks for all the input guys

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
how is the interior? I'm in the market also but i don't need a denali. I just want a quieter interior. I've found trucks down in FL for around 45k w/ the options i want.

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada

yes do this!! buy an LML and sell me your motor:hug:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I priced out a new loaded crew cab and with rebates and the old discount not the new discount plane we get now. It was going to run me 42k for one with everything under the sun in it. But I kinda like the new 2015 the pricing is not out to public I can see what it should discount to.