Looking at buying an lb7

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to put this but I need some help deciding if I should buy this truck that I found.

The truck is an extended cab short bed 4x4 with a zf6. It needs a new engine but as to what happened to the one in it I do not know yet. Still waiting to hear back from the owner. The truck looks fairly clean but not sure if the price is fair or not. I have a 2004 federal lb7 engine that I was going to use in another project but I could easily swap it into this truck.

Here's the Craigslist link:
https://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/4903537596.html

I will update you guys with more info when I talk to the owner tonight. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jared

The owner says it spun a rod bearing and he can't afford to fix it. The truck came from Montana and has no rust on it. Since it's a federal engine truck my 2004 federal engine should drop right in without many issues and pass smog in Cali just fine. Is $4500 a good deal guys?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Looks like a decent truck.
$4500 is a decent deal, only b/c you already have the replacement engine. Start your offer lower than that.

Your 04 will drop right in, just use the 02 harness. Might be a sensor or two that has to be moved, and obviously the cluthc/flywheel.....but you'll have all the parts. Simple engine swap.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Pretty good deal. Does he know exactly where or just a hunch?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
It's a federal motor in Cali? And to think I got a fleet emissions over here. :spit:

You may have a spare block to build on now

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk