Looking at 315/75R16's, BFG vs NITTO

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I wish I would have caught this thread sooner. I have 25k on a set of BFG's and there just about worn out. To give you an idea of how I drive, I got 60k out of a set of Mechelin LTZ MS. BFG's have been good in the dirt and on the track but these have worn fast and are loud. I've heard of people getting 55k plus out of them, they must have changed the compound of the tire.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I think you will be happy with the bfg's. They are good road/dirt tires. Not so good for lots of gravel roads or rocks. Me and my dad both run them in 315/75/16. His 07 classic CC has a leveling kit with some minor trimming. Even after only rotating them 2 times he still got 50,000+ out of his first set and has about 40,000 on the second set. My 02 ext cab has the bars cranked about 3/4 of the way up and the rear dropped a couple inches to level it. Had to trim a little bit of the valance and some of the inner fender but I've never heard them rub. Even with my 4 wheeler in the back bouncing through the woods :thumb: . I've got almost 10k on my set and they still look new. However like I said they dont put up with a lot of rocky roads, my brother in new Mexico tried a set and only got about 30k out of them.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Yeah, this is my second set of BFGs on this truck. I got just over 60k on the last set (285's), but I know a lot of people who get a lot less. They get me where I want to go when I need to, but behave decently on road too. I have never been able to hear the BFGs over the engine in my truck, so I can't complain about the noise. In a gasser, who knows?

If the NITTOs were cheaper, I probably would have thrown them on, but since they were the same price, I went with what I knew.