Logging For Laggy LB7

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Truck seems to lag from a stoplight, have a buddy with same size tunes and he can leave me behind, what should i be logging to see whats wrong, cleaned maf and planning on doing the air filter also, not sure what else besides tuning?

edit: buddies truck smokes and spins tires first and second, mine wont smoke until maybe 2500 rpm and then spins tires in second not first,

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
The general Duramax imperial PID list should be fine for what your trying to log , if you are still unsre have your tuner send you a PID list to use .

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
where do you find the imperial list, lol

When you are in the PID section of the scan tool , there is a folder symbol just above the main PID list , click to open it and it will open a window , in that window will be files of per-configured PID list that EFI setup.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I was having that issue with my 2003 before I sold it. My MAF was reading low and I also suspect my intake was gummed up, since I had never done the egr delete. I never got around to checking mine, but the symtoms were slow throttle response with low boost and then pull good with alot of boost. Originally on race tunes it would start spinning my 33s about halfway through 1st and 2nd before hooking.

$Smokin_Duradog$

Sep 16, 2006
Goshen, IN
I had a freinds truck that was doing this very same thing. Ended up changing the NSB switch on the trans. No codes or anything saying this was the problem but it fixed it.