LMM Wont Start. Need Help

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
First time I had this issue. Did a dpf delete tune on my buddies LMM. Loaded the tune. Now truck wont start. It is throwing me the U0100 code. If I try to reload the stock tune I get a $0101 (no communication).

Just updated all my software. It wont let me load tune with 7.5. When I try with 8 it keeps throwing me the $0101 code. Unhooked the batteries for a 1/2 hour and that did not help. Truck has stock radio and no alarm. I tried a full flash. No luck.

Any suggestions?

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Holy crap,me to,02 lb7 tried to load my first tune about 3 hrs ago and everything went to hell in a hand bag.Truck is dead and have no idia how to fix.i think im fukd.if I learn somthin il post to try to help.

destroked dan

Destroked
Aug 3, 2009
Kokomo,IN
Did you pull the stock tune in the ECM first or did you use a different operating system? GM had a stock operating system that was prone to mysteriously engage the VATS without warning. If the truck has never had the recall to update the ECM to the 8594 OS then I would assume that has what happened. Ive had it happen a couple times. There is no rhyme or reason as to when it will decide to do it but flashing the controller seems to trigger it also. In a couple instances the trucks that have done that to me had to end up back at the dealer and got reflashed with the newest OS. For some reason a Tech 2 can communicate with the controller when EFI cant. Then once you get the truck back read the OS and SAVE. Then update the tune to DSP5 and SAVE. Then reopen and modify. :thumb:

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Tried to do it on a bench today. Could not get any communication from a v2 or tech 2. Tried to bring it back to life but she was shot. FML