LMM Tuning help

LLYD_MAX

May 22, 2010
Myrtle Beach S.C.
Ive got a LMM tune im trying to add a little bit more power to. If this was a LLY I would have no problem but the LMM seems to be a little different.

Im running a tune i got off of Dieselplace. Its luckys 20 over tune to be exact. It's a really good running tune for what is is but I want to add just a little more power but im unsure how to go about it. It has stock timing with just more PW and a little more boost.

My question is in order to give it a little more power which would be my best bet? Add some timing and leave the PW alone? or leave the timing alone and add some more PW? Or both?

Im not looking for a hot tune or anyhting to that sort. I do understand that people aernt going to elaborate on this a whole lot bc what people do to their tunes is supposed to be secret ;) im just looking for a few pointers. any help would be appreciated

clm7214

Maladjusted Marine
Jun 25, 2010
Buckeye, AZ
Adjust your pulsewidth and then log and see how she runs. The only tunes of mine with any appreciable timing change are my MPG tunes, and then only in certain areas.

LLYD_MAX

May 22, 2010
Myrtle Beach S.C.
The PW is already adjusted 20% over stock PW. I was thinking about adding another 10% or so and see what it does. what cells do you adjust exactly?

I know some of the cells will mess with shifting.

clm7214

Maladjusted Marine
Jun 25, 2010
Buckeye, AZ
It depends on what you want. Increase PW where you want the power. Use the Scan Tool to highlight the part of your scan where you want more power and in the Tune Tool adjust the cells in those ranges. Make small changes and see how the truck reacts.

Also, log data at idle, normal driving, aggressive driving and pedal to the metal in one log. Highlight those areas one at a time and see what cells are being used. This will help you see what areas of the graph are used when. If all you want is more power at full throttle, adjust only that area and it wont affect your drive-ability in the other areas.

Last edited: