lmm tuning for no dpf and egr

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
A friend of mine has a lmm with a banks exhaust and one of my milage tunes. He's getting like 8 mpg so he wanted to install a exhaust to get rid of the DPF. I keep getting a P0546 and a P2033 code. If I shut those MIL's off they shouldn't pop back up right? What do you guys usually do when tuning for no DPF and EGR? I went into those two parameters and disabled them. I went through all the mils and shut off anything that had to do with EGR and DPF but hadn't re tuned the truck yet. Just wanting to make sure the CES light won't come back on before I re tune the truck. Thanks, Eric

Last edited:

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
yeah turn everything that has to do with egr and dpf off. All Mils i turnded to No Mil and disabled the egr and dpf in there parameter drop downs

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Set them to "X-Not reported, IIRC, they will still code in background if set to just NO MIL. Also a couple EGR codes will always stay in background but no light no matter what..

DiverCraig

Jul 26, 2011
Dallas, TX
I have an 07 and want to take off all of the exhaust stuff that drags down the MPG. I live in a county without emissions so there is not a problem with that. What I can't find is a place/way to get the mods done. Can you tell me more about your modification?
Thanks

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I have an 07 and want to take off all of the exhaust stuff that drags down the MPG. I live in a county without emissions so there is not a problem with that. What I can't find is a place/way to get the mods done. Can you tell me more about your modification?
Thanks

Best thing to do is order up a straight exhaust for 01-10, find a good tuner and order efilive v2 with dsp5 switch. I just used my second license on my brothers lmm and got 5 tunes for a stock trans/fuel system. It's a whole different truck now. Lots of venders on here can help u with buying efi and exhaust.