LMM Stock Bottom End Limits

trailler2004

Jan 14, 2013
welllll i have a heavy right foot..a lil worried bout the pistons :/ i wont have kory tune it what its capable of for now though

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I would have it tuned really conservative so you don't have to worry for the next 6-8 months. Honestly you'll live a lot longer without all that stress.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Guys...i read all this thread...am i crazy for doin 71.5 mm turbo...60 over exergys...dual pumps..manifolds and up pipes..vavle springs on my stock lmm bottom end and hoping it will survive 6-8 months til i can afford to build another shortblock??

That setup should be good for 750 rwhp, your pistons are gonna hate you...:woott:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Guys...i read all this thread...am i crazy for doin 71.5 mm turbo...60 over exergys...dual pumps..manifolds and up pipes..vavle springs on my stock lmm bottom end and hoping it will survive 6-8 months til i can afford to build another shortblock??

Good luck!
The vvt is a drive pressure/EGT monster. You might have it last longer with a regular turbo.

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la

Conservative driving and mild tuning you SHOULD be ok.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
IMO torque is what kills the motor.

A truck running dual pumps, larger injectors, and twins will most likely destroy its motor before a truck running the same fuel, but with a large single. Keep the power in the upper rpm's and the motor will last. Bring the torque in down low and its fun as hell, but the motor will pop.

whitelmmmax

Smaller than stock
Jul 26, 2011
lake charles, la
IMO torque is what kills the motor.

A truck running dual pumps, larger injectors, and twins will most likely destroy its motor before a truck running the same fuel, but with a large single. Keep the power in the upper rpm's and the motor will last. Bring the torque in down low and its fun as hell, but the motor will pop.

Tuning plays a big part in that as well.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Just make sure to take videos if you ever go to the track. Carnage vids are great to watch.

All you all are nutz. 750 on stock bottom Dmax? :doh:

The "Borrowed Time" club is going to be getting a lot of new members this summer. :rofl:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Just make sure to take videos if you ever go to the track. Carnage vids are great to watch.

All you all are nutz. 750 on stock bottom Dmax? :doh:

The "Borrowed Time" club is going to be getting a lot of new members this summer. :rofl:

My buddy just dual pumped and added 60% overs on his completely stock lbz and had Rob build a NASTY tune for it. I just don't understand why people do it...:eek:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
I have popped a piston. #1 I think. Just shy of 40k miles on a big tune. Just rolled 76k on the truck, and was passing a jeep of all things. ALL Stock injectors turbo and cp3. Pics will be posted.:eek:

Push it and they will pop sooner or later.