LMM oil life percentage on dash

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
The oil life is in the tune and uses mileage or distance of travel as its way of knowing when to tell you to change oil. I set mine to 10k miles.

D_R_C

Retired
Oct 31, 2011
Rocky Top, USA
That’s what the first 2 does they say the set it at 10k, but I still had the issue with about every 1000 miles it was at 0%.
Like THEFERMANATOR said for every 10 early LMM’s, one would have this issue.
Back in 2012 on the EFILive forum I was informed that there was two files to write tunes for the LMM.
One you don’t enter anything for the oil life %, the other file you do, the first 2 wrote my tunes on that file and refused to try the 2nd tuning file, even with EFILive suggesting to try this.
I also heard it could be the way the EGR was turned off that confused the oil life, either just cancel codes or just turn off, also something the first 2 mentioned but wouldn’t try.

How true this is, I don’t know, but the issue was corrected by ATP.
BTW, I have 40 HP towtunes with turbo break with all 3 EFI tuners.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Theres no rhyme or reason to it. I have literally flashed the exact same tune into 5 trucks, and only 1 truck had issues, the other 4 were all going to 15K before it would trip it. What was weirder was I believe he said it would do it on a couple of the dsp5 tunes, but not all of them. The only difference was his truck had been deleted before by who knows what, and all the sensors were still there, just taped up out of the way, and all the others had the sensors removed.