Lmm engine replacement

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Just did this. Wiring harness, AC pump, alternator have to be changed. LMM's have a coolant tube that runs from the oil filter/oil cooler housing to the EGR, lbz's coolant tube for that comes straight off the coolant bridge. My egr is deleted so I just had to run a line from the coolant bridge to my heater core. Either have to work around that part or switch the oil filter/oil cooler housings and coolant bridge. Other then that, it will all bolt up and plug in. The EGR coolers are different too.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Just did this. Wiring harness, AC pump, alternator have to be changed. LMM's have a coolant tube that runs from the oil filter/oil cooler housing to the EGR, lbz's coolant tube for that comes straight off the coolant bridge. My egr is deleted so I just had to run a line from the coolant bridge to my heater core. Either have to work around that part or switch the oil filter/oil cooler housings and coolant bridge. Other then that, it will all bolt up and plug in. The EGR coolers are different too.

I forgot about the coolant hose, I just switched the peice by the oil cooler. Thanks for pointing that out. I also used my AC and alternator off my old motor so that's why I didn't have any problems.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Can't you post a few pictures of it? It'll be easy to identify.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Can't you post a few pictures of it? It'll be easy to identify.

I would but its a pain on iPhone The egr is round on the new and the lmm egr is square. I'm 95 percent sure its Lbz the intake intercooler tube comes forward. I'm just pissed that the guy we bought it from on here said it was a lmm08. Unless for some weird reason he put on a Lbz egr this thing is a lbz

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Were there pictures in the thread? What was the guy's name on here you bought it from?

Also, it isn't very hard to post pictures from your phone. Just use Safari to log in, and you do it just like you do it from your PC by clicking the paperclip.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Were there pictures in the thread? What was the guy's name on here you bought it from?

Also, it isn't very hard to post pictures from your phone. Just use Safari to log in, and you do it just like you do it from your PC by clicking the paperclip.[/QUOTE

His name is boostlee93. Iv used photobucket with my iPhone. It's just a hassle.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh

Also, it isn't very hard to post pictures from your phone. Just use Safari to log in, and you do it just like you do it from your PC by clicking the paperclip.

Thanks for helping with pics. I don't remember it being that easy on iPhone.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is your motor the first picture or the second picture?

Also, another member had a problem with Boostlee93 not selling him the motor he advertised. Hopefully the same thing didn't happen to you.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yeah, that's an LBZ. Looks like your brother will have to do some parts swapping.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Yeah, that's an LBZ. Looks like your brother will have to do some swapping parts.

Yeah no prob. For me but inexperienced u know its a bit more work. It's just shitty people say they r selling one thing and send another. I feel bad I set it all up for my brother

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yeah no prob. For me but inexperienced u know its a bit more work. It's just shitty people say they r selling one thing and send another. I feel bad I set it all up for my brother

I understand your frustration and disappointment, but there really isn't much that has to be swapped. Wiring harness, EGR cooler (or he could delete it while he has it apart), oil cooler and heater hose tube that runs up the back side of the motor if the EGR cooler isn't deleted, intake plumbing, and passenger's side up-pipe. I think that would take care of just about everything. If he does the EGR cooler delete, he could get away with just doing the engine wiring harness.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I understand your frustration and disappointment, but there really isn't much that has to be swapped. Wiring harness, EGR cooler (or he could delete it while he has it apart), oil cooler and heater hose tube that runs up the back side of the motor if the EGR cooler isn't deleted, intake plumbing, and passenger's side up-pipe. I think that would take care of just about everything. If he does the EGR cooler delete, he could get away with just doing the engine wiring harness.

Yeah that's what I told him ax the egr swap harness alternator and ac pump. But remember I said we have a dodge guy doing this. God help him. Lol. He might cut two cylinders off in the process lol