LML tuning

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I don't mess around much with the LMLs, but I was tuning on a 2011 today that has had a CP3 conversion done with a Fleece CP3K. I usually run around 1650 microseconds on the pulse width on a hot tune, and I see a decent drop in rail pressure, but on this truck, I bumped it all the way up to 2000, and it was all over 200 MPa. Since there is no pulse width PID for the LML, I can't verify that it is actually doing what I commanded. I'm wondering what kind of pulse width you guys have been getting out of a CP3 converted LML.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
On speaking with other guys I have been told with modded pumps and running more air they have been doing as much as 2500 usec with no problems. Check calculated fuel delivery to see if you get the 130 mm3 and you have to assume that it is fueling fully.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
On speaking with other guys I have been told with modded pumps and running more air they have been doing as much as 2500 usec with no problems. Check calculated fuel delivery to see if you get the 130 mm3 and you have to assume that it is fueling fully.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Logs show 130+ mm3 of fuel quantity. Thanks.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
No one would care about the 50 bucks if efi supported deletes.

True, but I think we'd care a little more if EFI said, "Screw it" and no longer offered support of current models or new products to the USA, too.....

Ive never figured out why people ask for money for the LML stock tunes either, but then I will never own an LML so it will never affect me personally.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
It's not that. They are taking someone else's work and profiting off of it. That's the problem.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
True, but I think we'd care a little more if EFI said, "Screw it" and no longer offered support of current models or new products to the USA, too.....

Ive never figured out why people ask for money for the LML stock tunes either, but then I will never own an LML so it will never affect me personally.

At this point there are plenty of people who could take up the slack...

It would just cost more.