LML tune file help

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
How do I get a .COZ file converted to a .CTZ file? I purchased a 5 tune package in 2014 for my LML and loaded the economy tune. Yesterday I tried loading a performance tune through my lap top without downloading it to my V2 and it put my truck in a reduced power mode / check engine status. I went back and made sure I had the latest v8 software update, current BBX settings and latest firmware. I then proceeded to download the tune correctly and transfer it to my v2 but Whenever I try to open the file from my E-mail it says "Can not open .coz file, only ctz, crd, tun and bin file types are supported with the tune/option" I need to know how to get my computer/v2 to recognize .coz files so it will download or somehow convert the file to a ctz file I believe but I am lost on the next step and can't drive my truck until I figure it out:(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice :hug:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
How do I get a .COZ file converted to a .CTZ file? I purchased a 5 tune package in 2014 for my LML and loaded the economy tune. Yesterday I tried loading a performance tune through my lap top without downloading it to my V2 and it put my truck in a reduced power mode / check engine status. I went back and made sure I had the latest v8 software update, current BBX settings and latest firmware. I then proceeded to download the tune correctly and transfer it to my v2 but Whenever I try to open the file from my E-mail it says "Can not open .coz file, only ctz, crd, tun and bin file types are supported with the tune/option" I need to know how to get my computer/v2 to recognize .coz files so it will download or somehow convert the file to a ctz file I believe but I am lost on the next step and can't drive my truck until I figure it out:(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice :hug:

You cannot, the .CTZ is the full binary compressed an encrypted by EFI Software, the .COZ is only the parts of the OS like the Engine OP, System, Fuel Segment that may or may not be altered by a tuner.

Since they lack the full binary/OS, Boot Block and Slave segments they cannot be converted back.

.COZ files can only be BBX flashed, meaning they have to be copied to the V2 or Autocal to be stand alone flashed, V8 Scan and Tune will not open/flash a .COZ File.

:thumb:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
You cannot, the .CTZ is the full binary compressed an encrypted by EFI Software, the .COZ is only the parts of the OS like the Engine OP, System, Fuel Segment that may or may not be altered by a tuner.

Since they lack the full binary/OS, Boot Block and Slave segments they cannot be converted back.

.COZ files can only be BBX flashed, meaning they have to be copied to the V2 or Autocal to be stand alone flashed, V8 Scan and Tune will not open/flash a .COZ File.

:thumb:

I think this maybe my problem ^^ I erased my 7.5 software entirely thinking maybe that was currupting it somehow but after reading the above I'm thinking I need to erase my v8 software and download the older software (7.5) to read and flash my .COZ files to my V2..

I will update this tomorrow when I get time to try it, Thanks for the reply's :hug:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
The V2 and Autocal cannot be set back to older software once you upgrade the software, in simpler terms, no going back. The way I understood it on the EFI forums the bootblock/firmware prevents this...

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
The V2 and Autocal cannot be set back to older software once you upgrade the software, in simpler terms, no going back. The way I understood it on the EFI forums the bootblock/firmware prevents this...

So pretty much my tunes I bought in 2014 are useless in .COZ format because my V2 has been updated and the only way to UN-FUBAR my truck is to buy new tunes? This sh!t drives me nuts!, I should have just left the damn thing on the economy tune :baby:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
So pretty much my tunes I bought in 2014 are useless in .COZ format because my V2 has been updated and the only way to UN-FUBAR my truck is to buy new tunes? This sh!t drives me nuts!, I should have just left the damn thing on the economy tune :baby:

Why not talk to your tuner and have him send you the files in the updated format? Anyone tuning shouldn't have a big problem doing that for you. If they want a unreasonable amount of money to help you with this then you know that's the wrong guy to work with anyways. He could fix it in a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
No, load the tunes directly to your v2 and flash them. Quit trying to open them or use your laptop as Tony said above as it will not work.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Why not talk to your tuner and have him send you the files in the updated format? Anyone tuning shouldn't have a big problem doing that for you. If they want a unreasonable amount of money to help you with this then you know that's the wrong guy to work with anyways. He could fix it in a few minutes.

Because I tried to re-program my truck saturday morning not for seeing a issue and was wrong. There are not many tuners taking tech calls on the weekends these days.. I figured I would try here first and if I/we couldn't figure it out I would call them when they re-opend monday or tuesday being monday is a holiday (For some).. :thumb:

No, load the tunes directly to your v2 and flash them. Quit trying to open them or use your laptop as Tony said above as it will not work.

How do I do that? ^^ :confused: