LML mods and dyno testing begins

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
I may or may not be running the very first of theses turbo kits on mine. As of now it does not have the dpf on so I can monitor smoke output. Off idle full throttle I have just the smallest puff of smoke barely visible. This is in Denver also. I have a few more things to finish the. The dpf is going back on for more drive time and dyno it to see what kind of power it will make while remaining clean. Fwiw this kit retains the egr and there is no moving the battery or coolant resi. So install is pretty simple.

I'll get a couple pics if anyone is interested

Last edited:

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
picture.php
picture.php

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Just read through this thread since I now have an LML and plan on owning another in the next year or so.

Very interesting to say the least. Must be getting older (26) because I absolutely hate the smoke that comes out of my LBZ with the big tune on it. Actually somewhat obnoxious to where I keep the DSP5 out of race.

The forced regen at 1000 miles is also interesting. Almost like GM didn't expect the truck to run that clean and passively burn off the soot. Would have been cool to know how far it would have gone without a regen.

Jason Arce met up let me and a couple other guys into ATS the Saturday I went and got my truck. The new emission compliant kits they have out look awesome. Especially the LML kit. :thumb:

Dmax Fan

Mar 27, 2016
Ohio
Jason Arce met up let me and a couple other guys into ATS the Saturday I went and got my truck. The new emission compliant kits they have out look awesome. Especially the LML kit. :thumb:[/QUOTE]

Oh? Why is that? What kits are those?

Is the new compliant kits work good or is it better to delete? I don't have checks where I am but I know some do.

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
I'm glad you like the kit I put a lot of time into it. Mine will be going back to full emissions compliance soon just waiting on a few things.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Jason Arce met up let me and a couple other guys into ATS the Saturday I went and got my truck. The new emission compliant kits they have out look awesome. Especially the LML kit. :thumb:

Oh? Why is that? What kits are those?

Is the new compliant kits work good or is it better to delete? I don't have checks where I am but I know some do.[/QUOTE]

Some places have to deal with emissions testing and some don't want to go through the hassle of swapping everything over. Cool option IMO

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Sorry for the delay. I have the kit, but my truck decided to start throwing egr circuit codes. Looks like the harness has melted, which is odd because nothing has been messed with up there. I'm taking it to the dealer for this as its under warranty and it was not caused by anything we have done.

I want a code free truck before I install the twin kit to make sure nothing comes up from the kit install.

Also getting ready for the UCC and local race season has me a bit tied up every night until late.

I hope to get on schedule in two weeks as I'm excited to drive a twin truck again. I also want to have it ready for our dyno event. http://atptrucks.com/atptrucks-dyno-day-event-registration.html/

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
Rob, when you start the install don't hesitate to get ahold of me if you have any questions since I built it. Excited to see how it turns out. :thumb: