LML mods and dyno testing begins

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Outside of my Mike L built trans (working flawlessly) and leveling kit and wheels/tires from DMax Store, I've had my LML stock for over a year now. I have used to build emissions friendly tuning for the stock trucks, which really wakes these up but getting bored.

I have a pile of parts sitting in the shop. Including, intake, lift pump, cp3 conversion, Danville 68mm stage 2r turbo.

This will be using all factory emissions in place.

Today is step one. Stock runs for base line, then tuning only, then S@B intake.

It'll be a week or so and then the lift pump will be added.

Another week or so an we'll do the turbo and CP3. We did a 2015 in house with everything and was amazed at the performance but I didn't have the time for step by step comparison as it was a customers truck.

I'll post up driving impressions and dyno graphs.

Thank you,
Rob

Last edited:

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
subscribed. This is what I have been talking to Mark about too. Make more power and drivability with stock emissions. :thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
That's awesome Rob, we are doing same thing here in house with our 2011 LML. Be very interesting to see where we both end up with them. I'm pretty sure they will be cleaner than they are with the stock turbo. Time will tell!:thumb:

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Stock 2013 LML with full factory emissions intake and active. No lift pump or any mods outside of a MikeL Tranny, Running large heavy tires.

Stock tune made 325HP SAE corrected
Performance tune made 456HP SAE corrected
5th gear pulls with 20% load

Performance tune drops rail to about 24k from a commanded 29k until about 3200 RPM and then starts dropping fast. Running mild tuning 13.5 degrees at 3000 RPM. I have made more HP but wanted to test with sane timing.

S & B going on now and then will test both tunes again.

Attachments

• lml test day 1.pdf
    266.1 KB · Views: 159

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Care to share what pulse you stopped at? the reason I ask is because of where I have mine at and wanting to gauge what mine is putting down. where I am right now mine maintains 27K calling for th efactory 29k give or take a few 100 psi. also with no lift pump. I'm guessing due to your rail going lower then mine you might be over 1700uS ?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Rob, look forward to your progress.

BTW, nice to see you back. :thumb: Have always appreciated your info.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I his is going to be fun to watch. Can you emissions test it for s**** and grins?:thumb: