Lml fml

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Last weekend I drive from Los Angeles to Sacramento. During my 860 mile round trip, the truck regens 3x and trips a p20ee code. I stop at a dealer in Stockton and they say it is safe to drive home, but may go into limp. I make it home and take it to my "go to dealer". They tell me its the 9th injector.... I say cool I have the recall notice and it should be no problem. Then I get the info, that my cold air intake is causing an uproar and there were questions as to if they would cover the truck under warranty. Apparently that issue has been resolved. Mind you this is really a bone stock truck and the intake has been on for multiple thousands of miles without issue. As a matter of fact , it was installed as an attempt to reduce the frequency of 350 mile regns. So what is sad, is that I get a recall notice that the 9th injector can fail and mine does, so it goes to the dealer and then they still question the intake, like it caused a f'ing mechanical part to fail. Really irritating.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Was it P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold?

That's what I was getting, it wasn't regening it self. It would eventually put it in to "reduced power mode" and set code P2463.

This is why my truck is deleted now!

Last edited:

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
No mine was a NOX sensor code, but I went through a full tank of def in 2k miles and mileage was low even when not in regen. Also truck has been doing regen every 350 miles like clockwork no matter what I was doing, towing, highway cruise, city etc

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I already had the NOX sensors replaced under warranty.

My truck has picked up about 3mpg according to the DIC after the delete. I am going to have to hand calculate it to see if it accurate, but seem to be using less.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
The 9th injector has nothing to do with the def system. It's in the down pipe to help heat for regen cycles. The def has its own nozzle in the SCR. P20EE and p204D usually come together for nox sensors, and don't usually throw a nox sensor code. You have to go out on the highway and do a wide open pass and watch the nox efficiency PPM and see if they fall below 5ppm after you let off.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
The 9th injector has nothing to do with the def system. It's in the down pipe to help heat for regen cycles. The def has its own nozzle in the SCR. P20EE and p204D usually come together for nox sensors, and don't usually throw a nox sensor code. You have to go out on the highway and do a wide open pass and watch the nox efficiency PPM and see if they fall below 5ppm after you let off.

Yeah, I realize that, but I think I had both problems. My service writer said the nox sensors were replaced too. I think I have had the leaky 9 th injector for awhile, because of the low mpg and frequent regens.