LLY: llytopdog

kirk

llytopdog
Feb 14, 2009
BRADFORD TN.
Hey guys Im new here. I have problem and no one has found problem.My dully will not turn up over 2 grand after it heats up.Its like its starvin for fuel.It has no pump in tank nor on frame rail. And does anyone no what the box on right bank of engine is the fuel line runs through it. any help would be app.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
That box is the FICM (fuel injection control module). The fuel flows thru it and cools the box. So your truck only has this simptom when it's hot and will not rev over 2K even when you put the pedal on the floor?

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
It sounds like a fuel filter to me also.

Does it throw a code? Sounds like a 1093? Does it go back to normal after you shut it off and start it again?

kirk

llytopdog
Feb 14, 2009
BRADFORD TN.
It does through code but dont remember witch one. ITS NOT FILTER it will do it right after filter change.Dont remember code but it says low fuel rail press. Changed press sennser didnt help changed fuel temp. senser didnt help put new fuel lines on today from box to filter and from fikter to rail.

kirk

llytopdog
Feb 14, 2009
BRADFORD TN.
yes it only does it after it heats up.It will red line ever gear till it gets warm then it will shut down at 2 grand.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

kirk

llytopdog
Feb 14, 2009
BRADFORD TN.
Thanks for all the info and pics.there is one other thing i forgot when it does this you can loosen bleed screw on filter houseing and it has sucktion like a vacume and filter will only be about half full.

kirk

llytopdog
Feb 14, 2009
BRADFORD TN.
LLY FUEL problem

I would like to thank LarryJewel for the info on the fuel valve on the left bank rail.I shimed it and it fixed the damn thing. THANK YOU.