Lly turbo build

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Hey fellas,

Looking to get a different billet wheel, 10 blade turbine and vanes for a lly turbo and throw it on my lbz.

I have the turbo,just would like a recommendation of who to send it to to have it balanced and assembled. Lmk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Last time I talked to him he has been a busy guy and got another job. I don't honestly know if he is doing them anymore.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I have called Midwest turbo and yellow Chevy is now working and doing his business, I called Danville and they do not sell wetzel wheels.

So I am looking for a place that I can buy a lly rebuild kit, and a 10 blade psd wheel along with the wetzel wheel. I'd like to purchase it already balanced then I can rebuild the turbo myself. Anybody have a place I can call? Lmk plz

830king

Oct 24, 2013
Central MN
I have called Midwest turbo and yellow Chevy is now working and doing his business, I called Danville and they do not sell wetzel wheels.

So I am looking for a place that I can buy a lly rebuild kit, and a 10 blade psd wheel along with the wetzel wheel. I'd like to purchase it already balanced then I can rebuild the turbo myself. Anybody have a place I can call? Lmk plz
Shoot Brock (minerigger) a pm. I know he has done some mods to a lly turbo in the past for Josh (josh154). If nothing else he might know a good place to send it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
You going to p&p and try to drop in a little bit bigger wheel? What are your thoughts on a wicked wheel2?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Just look on ebay. Theres a guy selling prebalanced 10 blade shafts for duramax for $135

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather buy from a reputable shop, eBay is goo for some things but I'm not chancing something that turns 80000+ rpms. It's definitely crossed my mind though lol!

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
You going to p&p and try to drop in a little bit bigger wheel? What are your thoughts on a wicked wheel2?

I never really did any research on the wicked wheel, so it could be an option. I plan to port and polish yes. Just need balanced shaft and wheels

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Ordered 10 blade turbine , 03 psd vanes and rebuild kit, still can't decide on a compressor wheel. I guess garret makes a billet 11 blade for pretty cheap, but the wetzel,batmowheel and wtzel are available too. So many descions! Porting and polishing are going to be in house!

deezelpwr

Floating in the Gulf
May 18, 2014
BAMA
Ordered 10 blade turbine , 03 psd vanes and rebuild kit, still can't decide on a compressor wheel. I guess garret makes a billet 11 blade for pretty cheap, but the wetzel,batmowheel and wtzel are available too. So many descions! Porting and polishing are going to be in house!

What size vanes did you order? I see there are 2 different ones for a psd 15mm and a 13.2mm?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
15.07 mm, I don't really know the difference, but these are garret oem parts so I didn't really question it, I guess I should measure stock lly ones now

deezelpwr

Floating in the Gulf
May 18, 2014
BAMA
15.07 mm, I don't really know the difference, but these are garret oem parts so I didn't really question it, I guess I should measure stock lly ones now

If you get a chance to measure them please let me know I have been looking for the size!