Lly trans shutter and then gone?

Brabham 64

May 26, 2014
Ok so about two months ago I purchased my 05 lly 2wd 210000miles I did the PCV, resinAtor, cut the air box, etc then added a edge cts evolution. After a few days on level 4(extreme) it started to get really bad (what I assume to be) "clutch shutter" when under load in 3-5gears so I lowered the tune to economy and started being nice since I can't afford a trans!!!!!
A week later someone GAVE me an egr block off plate so I threw it in and the truck is only throwing soft codes about the egr air flow etc. in this time I had towed/drove the truck like normal! Even towed my full size k5blazer all over the southern part of the state of az and I had no issues/shuttering
then about two weeks after that I got a wild hair and decided to throw the tuner on level 3 to see if it would still shutter! Well to my suprise the truck ran great!

So then tonight I realized that I still had not done any "update" on my cts and it was "recommended" to do so before installation! So after updating I put the truck on level 4 again and test drove the truck and again NO SHUTTERING! Even when I pulled a hill in 5th gear with torque converter locked and 25lbs of boost!

So my questions are
1. Was I actually feeling trans slip/clutch shutters!
2. Was the egr maybe causing some kind of quick airflow issue that was causing what I thought to be shuttering?
3. Would the new update possibly bump up my trans line pressure and that's why it quit (for now) "shuttering"?
4. Should I be worried? Hahaha

Brabham 64

May 26, 2014
And the truck has been getting driven/used I'm upto about 214000 miles now and when I bought the truck I did engine oil/filter, fuel filter, and trans spin on filter. Next oil change I plan on doing them all again and the trans pan!

Brabham 64

May 26, 2014
O and after I tuned it back down to economy I added several magnets that go on the inside of (filter mags) to the trans pan and the spin on filter!

Question
5. Maybe that grabbed a bunch of debris and now she doesn't slip? Idk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
If the trans was actually slipping it won't get better, and with that many miles better stick with the lower tunes IMO. Also, tunes cannot change trans line pressure. Don't bother to keep dropping the trans pan, most material is caught by the spin on filter and magnent. Good luck, its hard to say what the shuttering was over the web :D

Did you check the wiring harness up by the alternator? Could have been a misfire from shorted injector harness.