LLY piston lip cut/valve relief advice needed

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Larrys will do it but you need to specify how much you want taken out and if you want the tops machined down. if you have the tops machined down, gently remind them that stock pistons have off set wrist pins and to re-mark the pistons after. they are pretty good about it now though.

really, any good machine shop should be able to do it if you give them the specs and make sure they re-mark them

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
each piston you have is marked with an arrow pointing one direction (perpendicular to the wrist pin bore), then a 4 digit number at the bottom. 4 will be matching and the other 4 will be matching. they determine which side of the block they go in as the wrist pins are off set .030 to help quite down piston slap. cant remember off the top of my head which numbers mean what side of the block.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Danville Performance 317-745-8586 give them a call and see if they still do them.

But if you're going to be putting a cam in it why waste your time with stock pistons?

ty_LBZ

Camaro killa
Dec 6, 2014
Farmington, NM
Highly recommend Larry's engine and marine in Tucson! They did the machining and short block assembly on my motor. Some top notch guys!

whitey

DIESEL NUT
Dec 2, 2014
Minnesota
Truck is a DD and the pistons are in good shape, see no reason why not to use them. Wanting to run a 6480 AF or similar, what problems will I have running them? Has it been done before with any success?