Lly or lbz turbo

05dmaxlly

Jan 17, 2017
So I pulled my turbo apart today and found it has a 360 thrust bearing in it. Did some turbos come that way?
And I was wondering if you guys were bead blasting the center housing? I have access to one and a hot tank but I'm worried about the sand getting in where I can't get it out.

05dmaxlly

Jan 17, 2017
So I put all the parts in a parts cleaner and found some heat spots on the thrust bearing. But only in one spot on the collar. Possibly have a bent turbine shaft? Posted a picture not sure if it will work
image_zpsh6bfbylt.jpeg

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
So I put all the parts in a parts cleaner and found some heat spots on the thrust bearing. But only in one spot on the collar. Possibly have a bent turbine shaft? Posted a picture not sure if it will work
image_zpsh6bfbylt.jpeg

Buy a bearing kit and a 10 blade turbine and a 4094 va turbine wheel and have your cover honed out. Same performance as a drop in and a 1/4 of price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05dmaxlly

Jan 17, 2017
finally got the wetzel and rebuild kit, sending that out to midwest for balancing.
IMG_5497_zpszip6lva7.jpg

polished the compressor housings
IMG_5496_zpshkgqxljd.jpg

noticed while i was washing/blowing off the compressor housing that when you blow around the inlet you can see water blowing out of this seem inside the turbo. you can se the seem in this pic. is this normal or am i just paranoid :confused:
IMG_5495_zpsnisviv1q.jpg

05dmaxlly

Jan 17, 2017
so i finished it a couple weeks ago just haven't gotten on here. i ended up using a 10 blade after all since i thought my stock shaft was bent. its not to bad but is a little annoying when its at the sweet spot or next to a wall. also port matched the up pipes and the turbine housing. so far runs good.
IMG_5565_zpshgyrzgu0.jpg

IMG_5564_zpssyr8vcmb.jpg

IMG_5560_zpsjkzigrhd.jpg

IMG_5559_zpsh83c28zs.jpg