LLY: LLY loping at idle

sterlinLBZ

I have a buddy that just bought a 04.5 lly with 120,xxx miles. as sclean as can be inside and out!But in 05 it had water damage and the car fax and the preacher he bought it from (Id hope he wouldnt lie about it:thumb:) said everything was replaced at a GM dealer with all new GM parts under warranty and i would think after 8 years somthin else would have shown up if there was a still a problem. But now its starting to lope and surge some at idle. truck has been bone stock for its whole life except for a 4" exhaust and now a ppe programmer. any clue what causes this? i know the fuel pressure regulator but wanting to know more and the best way to check to find other causes.

tracas7

Nov 23, 2012
Arizona
My LLY does the same thing. After a long drive like a hour or so and I come to a stop it will start loping. Don't know why.

ss600hp

Jan 23, 2013
pottstown, pa
my truck does the same thing, 205000 miles on it now, also heard that the fuel regulator is the cause, mine is still stock. I also read that an increase in supply fuel pressure to the regulator will cause this as well, such as an airdog fuel filter/pump, but that can be corrected in EFI tuning. I would also like to know if this is factual or not...

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
It can be.... But you can just turn down the lift pump pressure till it stops pushing thru the regulator.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
If you unplug the FPR, it will max out the rail pressure and sound pretty rough. Not really going to tell you if that is the problem, but it probably is bad