LLY Injector Question

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
So my truck is leaking again, from the injector return line on the passenger side closest to the firewall, again. I've already taken it back about a week ago for the same thing after head gasket repairs. At this point, I'm going to just fix it myself. But, I've convinced the wife I have to replace the injectors while I'm there.

Questions are:

1: How big can I go with stock CP3, Lift Pump, upgraded stock turbo, head studs and stock bottom end? Looking to DD, Tow, and Track.

2: What brands are recommended or should I avoid? Is anybody having a killer sale?

3: What maintenance items should I take care of while I'm there? Also, any parts that need replacing with injectors that are not typically included.

4: Since tuning will probably be required for bigger injectors, who should I contact? I have EFI live with DSP5, current tune by Idaho Rob.

I know I'm asking for a lot, and have done some searching. There are a few older threads, and some manufacturer recommendations. Maybe my google-fu isn't up to par. If all of this is easily answered elsewhere, please send me the link if you can.

Aug 3, 2013
Arizona
I don't have the knowledge to answer too much, but I will say that you will need a return with larger injectors. Also, Rob doesn't tune any longer so you will need to get tunes from someone else if you indeed go with larger injectors.. With a stock motor I wouldn't go larger than 45% injectors personally. But the tuning plays a big factor in this as well. Hope this helps some!

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
What are the power goals? What will the trans handle? I agree going with 45% or smaller. No need to go bigger, it'll just cost more and won't be beneficial on a stock motor used to tow.

For stock replacement just buy through Lincoln Diesel, if going oversize either exergy or s&s which Lincoln Diesel sells.

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
Trans has been rebuilt, should handle up to 800hp. Not really set on a HP number, just want to get the biggest injectors I can reliably put in the motor. Best time in the 1/8 mile is 8.8. Would love to get in to 7s if possible.

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
It has a Goerend type r in it right now. I've had a couple drag runs so far and had a blast. Wouldn't mind trying to pull for fun once too.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I'm still on stock injectors, so a 7 is possible on stock injectors with the right setup. But being yours is a CCLB I'd opt for something bigger. 30-45% should do the trick and still get decent fuel econ.