lly injector issue

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
my father in law just bought a lly and it started acting up and throwing a p1296 injector high-low current transition time bank 2?

the truck has splices all over in the ficm area and number 7 and 2 have new spliced in connectors I soldered/heatshrinked the connections (they were just butt spliced) of number 7 as it seemed loose none of the others did and it stopped for a week well now today its doing it again so what is bank 2 drivers or passenger side? its running on 4 cylinders due to the code and ive never ran into this personally...

whats the best way to test the damn thing

edit...

im going to try recrimping the connectors on the injectors and see if that does anything

Last edited:

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
this thing is still having issues which bank is bank 2? passenger side or drivers side?

also its got a weird lope I have log the mm is going to zero to 4 in park and then jumps around in drive to and runs like as till you start moving I did a log at idle but it wont let me upload it for some reason

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Bank 2 is passenger side, check your connections at the injectors. Might have to do the ice pick trick, do a search or ice pick. Check your injector pulse widths also with a scan tool or scope.

05 Chevy LLY

Extended cab short bed 4x4

Sinister EGR delete kit

S&B turbo mouth piece

Sinister intake tube

AEM CAI

PVC reroute

4inch straight pipe

Edge CTS juice with attitude plus hot tuning

PPE race plug and ported FR fitting

33's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Boy jake, that truck is just not happy between the injector stuff and the ABS issues

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
No its a royal pita truck.... truck is till doing this I did the ice pick on all injectors and it doesn't help it didn't do it for a week then when driving it back to the in laws (45 mins away) it did on the freeway it almost seems fuel temp related in some cases at least I cant get the damn site to let me load logs up here it may help people see what its doing.

could this be a ficm issues not a injector wiring issue or just a actual injector issue?

I can shut off injector 1 when its doing this no change in idle also 4,5, and 8 but if I kill 2,3,6,7 it bout kills the truck off

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
DTC P1296

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
This diagnostic applies to internal microprocessor integrity conditions within the fuel injection control module (FICM).

DTC DESCRIPTOR
This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTCs:

•DTC P0611 Fuel Injector Control Module Performance
•DTC P1293 Injector Circuit Low to High Current Transition Time Bank 1
•DTC P1294 Injector Circuit Low to High Current Transition Time Bank 2
•DTC P1295 Injector Circuit High to Low Current Transition Time Bank 1
•DTC P1296 Injector Circuit High to Low Current Transition Time Bank 2
•DTC P1658 Fuel Injector Control Module Driver Performance
•DTC P1687 Fuel Injector Control Module Driver Stuck On

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC

•The ignition must be on for DTC P0611, P1293, P1294, P1295, P1296, P1658, P1687 to run.
•DTC P0611, P1293, P1294, P1295, P1296, P1658, P1687 runs continuously once the above conditions are met.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
These codes will set when there is an internal failure in the FICM for less than 1 second.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN DTC P1293, P1294, P1295, P1296, P1658, or P1687 SETS

•The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) when the diagnostic runs and fails.
•The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the Freeze Frame/Failure Records.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC P0611 SETS

•The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails.
•The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records.

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC

•The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
•A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
•A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.
•Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.

The diagnostics for the code says to check the codes and replace the FICM.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Also, just for clarification, the injectors aren't grouped as driver/passenger side. Group 1 is 1,4,6,7 and group 2 is 2,3,5,8.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
I think it has to do with the drivers in the ficm. As in how the power to fire the injectors is controlled.
Iirc lbz is grouped in pairs.