LLY Ficm

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Ya know, it does seem to run better now with the pointed end down hole.. Only took 2hrs to swap it out. Luckily the last guy left all the glow plug wires off, and replaced the injectors when engine was out couple years back. So all the bolts and injector were cooperative. But still took me twice as long to replace one stick, as does to replace all eight in the boat engines. :rolleyes:

Received my ECM over the weekend. I've logged a good bit of data, and isolated a couple timing related bugs in our code using the old dually hooked to my EKG machine. She's running good and proper with all OEM hardware attached, so think I'll continue our tweaking on the bench this week. Much easier to change these injectors, if they don't have all that extra hardware attached.. :ROFLMAO:

1724656600297.jpeg

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
That's not a horrible price for a decent chassis harness I guess.
Wonder if he would take $75 for just the 3 connectors? Could probably get $35 at scrap yard for the remaining copper. :p
Never hurts to ask...
Then again you never know. Might need something else off it in the future. I bet if you just tried to piece the connectors you need and some pins you be in it that much any way.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
He doesn't care, You know he is just going to Zip tie on to the motor...

The real question is, does he know its not a boat? cause that bitch will sink like an anchor... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2004LB7

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Well just so happens I ran a balance rate with stock FICM few minutes ago. Survey says,, 680

Screenshot 2024-08-30 005259.png
Then plugged our FUCM in to do a comparison, and shorted couple pins on the air box hose clamp, and made it let out smoke again.. So called it a night..

In that video above 4cyl are firing normal 7-800us mains, while the other 4 are averaging 1500us at idle. Which tells me we have a disturbance in the force of one bank.. I checked and re-soldered my previous trace repairs from burning the coil off #6, and was attempting to see if that resolved the balance. But she never made smoke out the pipe, just under the hood...

Will say these boards are pretty tough. Processor still boots up, so it's salvageable..

• Sad
Reactions: RickyDean

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Other thing that makes it sound different I believe, is the shape of our injector pulses. Currently we are just ON or OFF with each pulse. But when Jason started comparing signal to signal, we noticed a difference in pattern on the hold portion. So I made a couple inquiries to those who know things, and seem these injector are actually PWM. But only after the initial Main hit.. The ECM signal is digital time based, but the FICM sends it out as PWM.

Jason can share some captures, but in short, we're just killing the power signal when main pulse time ends, vs Bosch way of using PWM to feather out the close.. Ours taps, and you can hear it in the exhaust also. But our plan is to add that pwm signal soon as we get the IN / OUT values spot on under all normal conditions.