LBZ: List of Best tuners for EFI live

joelykool

Apr 4, 2007
After reading this thread, I purchased some tunes this morning from Danville for my 02 duramax with the sac 45 injectors. Tunes run great!! Also, ferm helped me out earlier in the year as a FAVOR regarding tuning for the sac injectors all due to my original tuner not admitting his tunes weren't working for the sac design. His rep is mostly good on the net, I just think it could be due to him not actually live tuning a truck with those inj...IDK? Everything ferm said he dealt with I was seeing with my tunes. I really think it boils down to if they have physically tuned in person your setup or one similar to it. As with my original tuner, I was told it must be my truck...except 2 different tuners later, and both times truck runs good!

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
It's a shame the guys looking for tunes in my area are being sold by "dealers" it that's what you would like to call them... The cheapest products possible under the assumption the dealer makes most money off from the tunes.
Hard to explain I guess, but as long as it pulls harder and smokes a little bit, price wins the battle Every time.

Big name guys are locally sold

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
What happens if you try another tuner and it corrects the problems from multiple trucks? If a person is spending that much money for quality and customer service they should get it. Not some ***** responses. There is a reason why a lot of shops have a V2 and Order Tunes from well-known tuners. They know exactly they are not capable of doing it. I do agree 100% that it is hard to hire someone that has the knowledge like you do. If you want to take this to PM's I will be more than happy to. But I am definitely willing to pull three logs off three different trucks that you blame hard parts and it end up being your tuning. So do not act like you're perfect and that out of that many trucks nothing goes wrong. Perfect example. My race truck. You can never get rid of the haze. Always look like an lb7 sitting there. Ended up being just the tunning

Nothing is directed at you, sorry you thought is was, so not sure what your response is all about, I simply used your post as its was worthy of quoting..........and again, we all have customers and or trucks that do not work out remotely, its nothing new, I have fixed my share of other tuners tunes that customers were unhappy with for some reason or another as well.........so its all a moot point...........;)...........everyone is the greatest if they use them and everyone sucks when they do not use them............it always the case.

Also, I never stated I was perfect, you stated that, I am far from that, but again, every shop/customer will have a tuner that supplied a tune that maybe wasn't perfect, its life......logs often show nothing, as the only way to fix it is to sit in it..........and when you are 1000 miles or so away its tough.

No need for any PM's..........:thumb:

And again, when I use a tune that is based of a previously well running truck and a its not perfect and it needs some tweaks, then it needs tweaks.

Here is a perfect example, I tuned Mike Graves truck for 3 years, ran mid 9's..........tweaked it a little for Huskers Race Truck, ran mid 9's.

Will that always work........nope, but similar builds do similar things when set up correctly.

:thumb: