Limited lifetime warranty

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
What is the deffinition of that ? I've had one tc blow apart and it was fixed for free minus shipping. My replacement broke the stator in it (billet stator)..... (Or warped where it drags idk) none the less one pass. Would anyone agree that should be repaired again free or would you make the customer pay fully for repair?

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
What is the deffinition of that ? I've had one tc blow apart and it was fixed for free minus shipping. My replacement broke the stator in it (billet stator)..... (Or warped where it drags idk) none the less one pass. Would anyone agree that should be repaired again free or would you make the customer pay fully for repair?

It means if it fails due to workmanship they'll fix it for the life of the part, but if it fails due to abuse they won't. I'd say it failed due to poor quality if it had a billet stator. Might have to move to a different company.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Well I don't need it I swapped to a stick after that. But now the seasons over I got time to clean out the garage and would like to sell it after being fixed. Or put it into my dd. it literally had one pass on it, and they thought maybe 600 bucks minimum just guessing until they receive it and cut it open to see what's up.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
When it came to performance parts I have always had the best luck by sending back the part to the guy who built it. Then asking for an estimate before making repairs. You will probably get it fixed the least expensively that way.
If you have lost confidence in the person that built it I would explain that to them before shipping it back.
I have had converters break and sometimes they were fixed for free and sometimes I was charged. In some cases the explanation of the failure was great. I felt good about the repair and why the part broke, and my confidence in the part was restored. In other cases I just got the part back, sometimes with a bill sometimes no charge. No explanation given or an explanation of we didn't find anything wrong with it. That did not restore any confidence for me.
This is just my .02 cents. I hope you get the part fixed and are happy with the final outcome.