Lift pump or in line fuel pump

Terrellsherilyn

Apr 20, 2013
Michigan
To me they both would do the same thing and the in line electric pump just seams the way to go the air dog 2 looks easy to instull too but am I missing something thanks guys

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
They both would help to 'lift' fuel from the tank up to the CP3. Some have filters/water separators some do not.

Terrellsherilyn

Apr 20, 2013
Michigan
Sorry for confusion I'm asking well trying to see if I'm looking this right yes a lift pump like a air dog will push fuel up to the cp3 and I see that some people just instull a inline fuel pump to get fuel to the cp3 the air dog yes has filters and that unit does require you to drop tank and instull to there requirements and some people just tap into the feed line put in a inline pump hook 12 volts and this will too aid In getting fuel to the cp3 now question is is one better the the other and in my eye minus those filters I think both will do a good job

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
For starters the inline fuel pump that i believe your talking about would build too much pressure without a regulator. the air dog either has a built in set regulator or a built in adjustable regulator. if you build to much lift pump pressure it will make the fuel system do funny things. the air dog or FASS is the way to go. unless you put a 150+ GPH inline pump and do a bypass regulator and by the time you build your own setup and get it dialed in you might as well install the AD or FASS and call it a day.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Plus you don't need to drop the tank for the install. If it really matters to you pickup a new exterior sump and you won't have any troubles with the install.

Rikter

Grumpy, old, farty, funny
Jan 14, 2010
Calgary
Does the FASS or Airdog add any power? Or just help deliver fuel at hi load? As well as filtering etc.