lift pump help ?!?!?!??!

mch646

Dec 13, 2011
utah
So I have a bad injection pump no way around it. I drop to 11 k Psi under wot. So I put a lift pump on to help the problem till I have my tax return. Here is the del I'm running into it holds 14-16k Pei now at wot so a little better bit the more I turn the lift pump up (psi) wise idrop rail pressure makes no sense to me I know I'm turning it up not down please let me know what u think.

mch646

Dec 13, 2011
utah
It is an 02 2500 straight piped cold air intake and edge insight with dsp5 efi live on the edge. The lowest tune is around a 85 horse. Tune roughly dimitri Millard is my tuner and it ran really good and slowly went down hill. OK so how do I test/ locate the rail valve

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
That applies more to the newer ones. Can you monitor rail psi on your edge? If so unplug the little connector on the back of the cp3 and see what your rail psi does.

mch646

Dec 13, 2011
utah
What applies more power on the new ones and am I disconnecting the wire on the fprv on the pump or the wire on the pump directly

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
The rail valve is more common to leak on the newer ones. The wire on the fprv on the pump is what you want to unplug. There is a valve block that can leak on the LB7's although I have not seen it happen in person. If you unplug the wire and the pressure goes to 23-24k at idle and drops under load the your cp3 is probably toast. If it goes up then drops or never goes up then you could have injector or other problems.

mch646

Dec 13, 2011
utah
So I want it to go to 23k and stay there. And if that's the case then what what's the ideal thing to see when. You unplug that wire and injector problems means it will go up then drop at idle or not go up at all just making sure I'm getting this right before I go do it sorry for being a pita

mch646

Dec 13, 2011
utah
Here is something else to take into consideration with the truck at idle lift pump running fuel rail pressure is 2-3 k above desired pressure and then when driving I can drain to 12-14 k then when I let off it spikes to 21-24 k depending on how hard I was in throttle would that be the fuel pressure regulatory or more injection pump

mch646

Dec 13, 2011
utah
No don't worry I'm here for help I can all tell me I'm a dbass of u want LOL it takes a lot to piss me off I'm just tired of this shit ya know so I will let ya know ASAP I would go do it now of it wasn't cold as a mofo outside

mch646

Dec 13, 2011
utah
Its just Utah oddly warm for this time of the year about 20 currently but no jacket or garage staying at a friends house tonight so ya it will be nicer to wait for morning not trying to complicate it either just was putting that out there

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
-18* and dropping fast, low tonight of -30* :happy2:

Im just busting your balls man... I spent all day in it, with the wind screaming at 20-30mph wind chill in the -45* so Im a little pissy:hug:

mch646

Dec 13, 2011
utah
LOL no dude our high tomorrow is close to 50 high 40s so we have the warmest winterever ha the first snow storm of the year that stuck was on Sunday its stupid especially if your a snowmobiller