Lift Pump Failures

WICKED DIESELS

you need more fuel
These pumps need an induction hardened shaft, and the housing needs to be taller to incorporate a weep hole. I have talked to the manufacturer about this. Anyone needing to replace their seal can use a National 350435 seal. The same Nitrile seal that is in the PPE pump. We worked for 2 years with the manufacturer trying to make these pumps have a better service life. I wouldn't run one past 12 psi, the rotor can break.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
These pumps need an induction hardened shaft, and the housing needs to be taller to incorporate a weep hole. I have talked to the manufacturer about this. Anyone needing to replace their seal can use a National 350435 seal. The same Nitrile seal that is in the PPE pump. We worked for 2 years with the manufacturer trying to make these pumps have a better service life. I wouldn't run one past 12 psi, the rotor can break.

X2, I was on the phone with the manuf that made the pump for edelbrock. They are testing one as we speak for diesel. Ans it will have ths shaft.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Woohoo I'm pissed. In line for a pull and guess what happened. My pump died. Now I'm out money for the pull and I have to send a pump to ppe. All I have to say is.I need a pump before the 18th.

I'm not even gonna compete because I won't even come close.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well atleast its still flowin through. And I didn't have to get diesel soaked rerouting lines.

That is a plus from this style of pump!!

How many miles did you get out of this pump?

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
I don't remember the milage. But I know I put it on in the middle of September 08. But if I was a guessing man I would say 18k on the pump.