Leveling out truck with existing lift

nickb2121

Dec 28, 2013
So I bought my 09 6.6L Duramax with a 10"lift on 35s but because the guy who had it before me had a lot of weight in the box for work so it was would have been level before he took it all out. It's about a 3-4" difference. So more like 8" in the front and 11-12 in the back. Do I need to crank the torsion bars or what are my options?

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Probably just get shorter blocks for the rear.

If you raise the front. If that is possible the ride may suffer.

What size blocks are in the rear?

from mobile

nickb2121

Dec 28, 2013
I think it's 6" blocks in the rear. Not to sure i don't have it with me right now. But I've got the heavy duty leafs in the back now so that lifts it up more cause it was meant for a work skid in the box

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Cranking keys up would yield a stiffer ride, bad CV angles, possibly binding, needing an alignment, balljoints wearing out faster, etc, etc.

I would go with a 2.5" block in the rear or possibly a stock rear block if the rear has taller springs already. Just bring the rear down IMO That's what I would do.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
Cranking keys up would yield a stiffer ride, bad CV angles, possibly binding, needing an alignment, balljoints wearing out faster, etc, etc.

I would go with a 2.5" block in the rear or possibly a stock rear block if the rear has taller springs already. Just bring the rear down IMO That's what I would do.

X2

from mobile

nickb2121

Dec 28, 2013
I like the height of the rear where it is and I would love to have the front up to the same height. Any other way other then torsion bars to raise up the front?

nickb2121

Dec 28, 2013
It actually might only be an 8 in the front. I don't know much about lift kits. First lifted truck haha. It's a BDS lift kit. And if that's what I gotta do then I'll get a bigger lift in the front lol. No way of adding on the lift in the front though? I don't know much about lifts yet haha

nickb2121

Dec 28, 2013
They actually suit it pretty good. But now I'm thinkin about droppin the rear down a bit then. U guys changed my mind on that haha

nickb2121

Dec 28, 2013
hymunare.jpg
za4ygume.jpg

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
From those pictures your CV's look like they have good angles. You could crank the front keys a bit but the ride will suffer if you crank a lot.

I don't think that's a 10" kit though, or a true 10" kit. Maybe 7-8" max.

To me it looks like a 6" but I can't tell who's front box that is.

nickb2121

Dec 28, 2013
I know those pics don't really show it and it's in the shop right now getting some body repairs done to it so I can't take any more for a bit but when your lookin at it directly from the side it looks crooked as shit lol

nickb2121

Dec 28, 2013
And yeah it might not be a 10" but when I bought it from the (used) dealership that's what they told me and I don't know enough about lifts to know

dirtyduramax05

4 doors for more whores
Nov 23, 2013
myrtle beach sc
also if u turn your keys up which ur stock keys might not give you what you are looking for then you can always pick up a set of 1500 keys they will do the trick and you will also need to pick up longer shocks maybe or shock extenders but then again the bds shock might be long enough but anyways thats the main reason for it riding rough is the shock bottoms out not being long anough making it ride like shit ps cognito makes a nice set of upper controll arms that will give you nice ride and and put your upper ball joint back to being like stock ps that is a true 7inch kit and with keys you would be at 9