LED replacement bulbs

metron

Sep 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Looking to replace my factory interior bulbs (dome, step lights ect...) anyone know of the best place to buy 'em?

TonOfDalt

More is better!!!!
Aug 9, 2012
Spoke Valley, WA.
If using 194 style make sure you get the units that have 5-LED's in them. I bought some cheapos several years back for my Camaro and was not impressed, I then bought the above mentioned units and they are FREAKING AWESOME!!! You will have 4 LED's facing outward and then one in the center facing forward. You end up getting a lot of light and spread out over a large area without comprimise in brightness. Wish I had a name for you but these are what you want for sure. They are also very dependable, no diods/resisters to deal with. I have had mine about 6 years and have swapped the same ones into 3 different vehicles with no problems, no burnt out LED's, ect. Also, the last vehicle I had taken them out of went up in flames in the engine bay. Those babies where saturated in 300+ degree temps for about ten minutes followed by a very liberal dowsing in water. They still work! (Got them installed in my truck right now)
I will see if I cant find a name for you.

Last edited:

tracas7

Nov 23, 2012
Arizona
U guys have any problems installing these interior lights? I have a mess in my lly can figure it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

metron

Sep 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I've have no problems. Just just pull the old halogens out and replace with the led/smd bulbs. I did the 2 overhead map lights, the 3 dome bulbs, 2 door step lights, 5 cab marker lights, and my rear license plate bulbs. I used the 5 led bulbs for all of them except the license plate I went with the 4 led's. I did all white for my interior. My brother did blue in his F-150.

Cheapest place i've found.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/LED-Bulbs-Lights/Automotive-LEDs/Miniature-Bulbs/194-T10

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG952373.jpg
    IMG952373.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 321

tracas7

Nov 23, 2012
Arizona
Looks good man. I got this led white kit off amazon. Was going good till i put the last one in. The dome light in middle. When i put it in they all turned off. The only ones that work r the door lights. Checked every fuse twice. Didnt work. Even tried putting stock ones back in and nothing. Just my luck. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

metron

Sep 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Same thing happened to me only the door lights worked. Prob blow the fuse for the BCM, thats that happened to mine when i shorted the one socket out trying the get the stock bulb out. I don't know where it is located on your truck but mine was on the side of the dash when you open the drivers door it was a small 15a one. Put a new one in and haven't had a prob since.

metron

Sep 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Hummm IDK. Basically you have to pry the assemblies out of the steering wheel, disconnect the connector behind each bulb housing, seperate the housing to access the bulbs, remove the bulbs, solder new bulbs in their place, reassemble the housing, reconnect the connector & reinstall into the steering wheel.

You can also buy new assemblies from GM and then all you have to do is removed the old ones & replace with the new ones.

Last edited:

SmithLBZ

Jan 11, 2012
TN
I done red led's in the door, and white in the map lights. It helps the look of the inside and you can see much better.

P.S.
99.9% of them are made in china.....

wallywheels

Savage
Apr 23, 2011
If you pull your airbag (I left it plugged in and set it on top of the steering wheel) and reroute the lower steering wheel control wires to the front of the brace it is way easier to plug them back in. It took me 5 min with needle nose pliers and a small flat head to reroute well worth it.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I done red led's in the door, and white in the map lights. It helps the look of the inside and you can see much better.

P.S.
99.9% of them are made in china.....

If your talking about my edit on removed post with china link. There was no automotive led related lights there poster hyper linked it in the quoted post. Spamming the post with link to a home lighting store in this thread and another thread the same way.

I know almost 100% Are not made in the US. I sell a few lights for upgrades for the trucks.

SmithLBZ

Jan 11, 2012
TN
Sorry Henry, I didn't mean that toward you in any way. Just letting the Op know....sorry for the confusion!:thumb: