LED Headlights?

DaJokr

Slum Lord Extraordinaire
Mar 7, 2013
Prince George, BC, Canada
Run life on an hid if I remember correctly is around 3500hrs. Output will slowly drop over the life of the bulb. It's been 3 years, I'm due for some new bulbs...

And as stated, relays. LEDs don't compare in output to an hid anyways. If your set on LEDs, you can make them fit, but you have to do some hacking at the supports to allow room for the fans.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
Run life on an hid if I remember correctly is around 3500hrs. Output will slowly drop over the life of the bulb. It's been 3 years, I'm due for some new bulbs...

And as stated, relays. LEDs don't compare in output to an hid anyways. If your set on LEDs, you can make them fit, but you have to do some hacking at the supports to allow room for the fans.

That is why I chose the Putco LED so that I would not have to modify or hack my headlight housing. No fan to deal with.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Run a relay harness for your cheap hids and it will solve your problems. I still like my eBay hids over the 200$ set of leds I had. Had issues with hids till I put a relay in and problem solved. Costs 10$ but get the one that goes to both ballast not just one.

I would never run a relay harness again. I have had my headlights go out in the middle of the night in BFE Kansas on a long trip when the POS harness melted. Bypassed the POS on the side of the road in the freezing cold. Im lucky it didnt start my truck on fire. The factory wiring is sufficient to power HIDs. Now if there are other issues your trying to correct then you may need some type of harness.

I love my hids. everyone in front of me Hates them though!

Sounds like they hate that you don't have your headlights adjusted correctly or you went the cheap rout and didnt put your HIDs in a projector housing. I would agree with them. Only people that hate my HIDs are the people in a small car that are sitting at a red light in front of me. Thats part of driving a small car though.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
Sounds like they hate that you don't have your headlights adjusted correctly or you went the cheap rout and didnt put your HIDs in a projector housing. I would agree with them. Only people that hate my HIDs are the people in a small car that are sitting at a red light in front of me. Thats part of driving a small car though.

Thank you for saying that, I didn't want to be the only one who hates people like this. I drive an average of 11k miles a month and I see lot's of hid's not adjusted or installed properly. Nowadays, people just don't care about others they only care about themselves and then complain when the cops pull them over for their bright lights.

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
Thank you for saying that, I didn't want to be the only one who hates people like this. I drive an average of 11k miles a month and I see lot's of hid's not adjusted or installed properly. Nowadays, people just don't care about others they only care about themselves and then complain when the cops pull them over for their bright lights.

x2. I have Morimoto retrofit projectors and love them...and I never get flashed. I also have LED brights with the all-on mod. It's like daylight with all those babies on! My sister-in-laws boyfriend has a new 1500 with DDM Hids and was bragging to me about how bright they are and how he always gets flashed and fingers because they're so bright. I didn't feel like raining on his parade the first time I met him about how he's the person that give Hids a bad name. LOL

On a different note...we just bought a '16 suburban for the wife that has factory projectors with H11 bulbs. I'm wanting to upgrade them to either Hid or LED bulbs but didn't know if LEDs will work in a projector housing. Has anyone had experience trying this yet?

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Have them down as far as they will go. I don't like the look of projectors or I would've installed them already. Still looking for a set of headlights that I like.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Thats cool. I even had a problem with my HIDs needing to warm up after switching from high back to low beam. Did the all on mod. But this is pretty cool.
Only problem is you can't flash your highbeams.

I'm also curious about the led in a projector. I still don't think they will be brighter than my 75w hids anyway.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
x2. I have Morimoto retrofit projectors and love them...and I never get flashed. I also have LED brights with the all-on mod. It's like daylight with all those babies on! My sister-in-laws boyfriend has a new 1500 with DDM Hids and was bragging to me about how bright they are and how he always gets flashed and fingers because they're so bright. I didn't feel like raining on his parade the first time I met him about how he's the person that give Hids a bad name. LOL

On a different note...we just bought a '16 suburban for the wife that has factory projectors with H11 bulbs. I'm wanting to upgrade them to either Hid or LED bulbs but didn't know if LEDs will work in a projector housing. Has anyone had experience trying this yet?

trashygasman, could you post or PM me who you purchased the Moromito retrofits from.?

Dupupp

Jul 23, 2016
Just installed opt 7 LED bulbs in the headlights and driving lights, headlights have the fan on them. I have these same bulbs in my Yamaha Sxs and in my western snowplow and have had no issues and like them better than my old hid in my 05 Chevy 2500. In my 13 I had to aim them all the way down to keep from blinding people.
75d9cf8156297f8c9ba1b9be4381009d.jpg
e93ebeeaa9191d1eff78eb87f3d11dd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk