Leaking injector sleeve

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
one of my injector sleeves is leaking as if the O rings are bad. How shitty of a job is this because my family's mechanic told me i couldn't even pay him to do it and that i had to take it to a dealer because it is very precise work and if done wrong will require you to pull the motor.

Has anyone replaced one of these sleeves or have a write up on it? if my dad's mechanic cant do it im guessing its a bitch and gonna cost me thousands at the dealer, so i have no problem letting it sit in my garage so i can tear it apart, take my time, and do it at a fraction of the cost.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
You talking around the injector leaking? If so not bad. The oring is just for dirt. It probably needs a new copper washer. What makes you think it's leaking? And what is leaking? Air or fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Haha. If that's the case I wouldn't let him touch it! It isn't too difficult

Which motor?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
lly motor, its leaking coolant. tearing into oil cooler only to come across the leaking injector jacket as well. it is the two o rings. He made it seem like a job only the dealership could do.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
lly motor, its leaking coolant. tearing into oil cooler only to come across the leaking injector jacket as well. it is the two o rings. He made it seem like a job only the dealership could do.

You have more issues if it's leaking coolant around the injector. The Lly does not have injector sleeves.