LB7: lb7 wont run

garychev

Sep 23, 2010
Ringwood NJ
I have a 2001 silverado Lb7 motor, It was getting hard t start now it doesnt stay running, I prime the air out of the filter and it vranks 10 times and fires up runs about a minute and dies, then when I bleed it again the fuel in the filter comes out like foam or suds, any ideas injector pump, injectors or maybe just lines?:confused:

Hole Shot

Smoking LB7
Feb 12, 2010
Quincy, Fl
Try pumping the primer with the bleader screw tight and see if there is a leak at the water sensor, or in any of the lines at the fuel filter block.

garychev

Sep 23, 2010
Ringwood NJ
I tried that and i put a gauge on it and it held 15 psi in the fiter and even took the one off my lbz and tried it and did the same thing

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
sounds like a cracked fuel filter housing i had this problem...either replace it or get a lift pump

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
yup your having the same problem i did...sorry i worded my problem wrong i bypassed my factory fuel filter housing....added a lift pump and aftermarket fuel filter on the frame and my problem was fixed

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
i have an airdog 150 and no complaints....no i never figured it out...noone seemed to know either i tried alot of things...theres no leaks...only thing i could think of was maybe a weak cp3

garychev

Sep 23, 2010
Ringwood NJ
thats what i was thinking because i primed the system with the primer and had the outlet plugged to see if it lost pressure and it didnt It only lost it with the outlet to the engine, other than that it runs fine except when its dying theres a little puff of white smoke once in a whle i actually get it running long enough to drive it around then I turn it off and thats it, I think ill try the pump is there alot involved in the install?

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
yeah i have to used to prime mine evertime i started it...and when it would run it would only do 1/2 throttle otherwise it would blow gray smoke and go nowhere ha ha

garychev

Sep 23, 2010
Ringwood NJ
Im still alittle worried about injectors dealer did the four on one side while under warranty not the other side I have 93000 on it now but over the 7 years no fuel in oil though, think ill try the injectors haha

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
well if you pickup a handheld tuner...you can get one for under 300...you can check your flow rates....+/-4 park +/-6 in drive..

garychev

Sep 23, 2010
Ringwood NJ
yea trying to get my friend over with his snap on to check it, I wrote wrong on the last one meant to say think ill try the lift pump before the injectors, a whole lot cheaper and easier think ill def. check those flow rates before anything though if I can keep it running long enough ,Thanks for the info

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
ok keep up posted....i bought mine off of xtreme diesel performance or xdp and used some coupon codes they were the cheapest

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
check your fuel line from the tank all the way to the filter for leaks/cracks/collapsing.Or try disconnecting the fuel supply line to the filter housing and supplying fuel with a small tank to see if the lines pre filter lines are bad.

garychev

Sep 23, 2010
Ringwood NJ
Ok, today I disconnected the filter inlet and put a clear hose down to a 5 gallon can of diesel she runs perfect!:D so next i guess to find the bad line

garychev

Sep 23, 2010
Ringwood NJ
Well, My fuel lines just came in from Gm mine were rotted, I bought the whole thing tank to motor with the cooler, dealer wanted 1000.00 got them on gmpartscenter.net for 600.00, put them in and the truck fires right up and runs great , thanks everyone for your help

Last edited: