lb7 with lly top end and compression test results

Milis

Mar 13, 2013
WI
I know this has been beat to death. But i read everything on this forum and i have a few questions yet. lb7 with lly top end. I have my lly part.ecm, harness, heads, injectors, fuel system blah blah. Only thing I'm not sure about. Can I use my cp3 from my lb7? Do I need the fuse box From an lly? My truck is an 03 with a zf6. It currently has an s363 with hps install kit. Reason I'm doing is because I have 3 bad injectors. Any tips you can give me would be good. I plan on starting it tuesday morning. Just waiting for head studs from merchant. Also i did a compression test before I ripped lb7 aprt. All cylinders were between 385-410. and #6 was at 360. Is that anything to worry about? Truck has 108k on it. I have the lly block too but it was in my Kodiak work truck.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
you should use the lly ecm, ficm and gpcm, unplug the black plug from you fues box and get lly top end wiring and plug it back in the same spot. Emergency relearn and fire it up. The 360 cylinder is a little low for what I would be doing with it? maybe a valve issue? I would of put a little oil in it to see if the compression would bump, would tell if it was a ring problem or valve problem.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
compression definitely low on that #6 but its not outside of the 15% variance between cyl. i would definitely check piston protrusion on all cyl while you have the heads off to see if its short rod syndrome.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You shouldn't have more than 30 psi difference. All the lb7 trucks I have tested were right around 450 psi. Stock trucks as well.

Milis

Mar 13, 2013
WI
Thanks for the response guys. I shoukd have everything i need for my top swap then. I have top end wiring harness from the lly and lly ficm and glow plug control module. I will check piston Penetration on it before I slap the new heads on. what kiNd of numbers am i looking for? It could be a valve issue. I didn't lok at them real good yet. But the reason there is a 363 on it is because I blew the stock up couple thousand miles ago. So maybe a valve got dinged with a chip from the turbo. But it seemed like the intercooler caught all the pieces. Short rod syndrome? As in I bent a rod? Thanks guys.