Lb7 still smoking

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Ya 3 and 6 are out of spec. Use your Tech II to shut off individual injectors to see if the haze cleans up.

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
^ correct but it's something to try if only checking balance rates and not doing a return test. Threads gone on to long anyways just to find all 8 should've been replaced from the get go. Not to be a weiner to the op but you can read for days on this same issue. It's the Black Plague for lb7's.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
^ correct but it's something to try if only checking balance rates and not doing a return test. Threads gone on to long anyways just to find all 8 should've been replaced from the get go. Not to be a weiner to the op but you can read for days on this same issue. It's the Black Plague for lb7's.

Yeah but the ones he just installed are the worst rates, so its not the fact its a lb7 at all its the injectors he got I would think.

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
#6 does look like junk but so does 3 that he hasn't replaced yet. Very well could need a compression check on 6. Could also be a bad tank of fuel. To the op try throwing 2qts of ATF in the fuel. A lot of people don't agree with this but a lot of people do agree with this. Me personally I have had excellent luck with ATF from duramaxs to cummins to cat engines.

laser45v

Aug 1, 2014
injectors

I'm aware that all 8 injectors need replaced. Like I said in the first few post was that I was waiting to get my paycheck this week to buy 4 more which I did. It is hard for some 40 year olds to fork out money like that here and there let alone a 17 year old. I will be installing them this weekend. Thanks everyone for your input.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you guys realize that the actual firing event that happens within the firing order will also dictate the balance rates.

So until you replace the ones on 1357, your balance rates will look askew like the new ones are bad when really they are not, its just the old ones being so far off from the new, the computer really has to compensate for it.

this is the problem with basing the cause off balance rates alone. they are not 100% accurate to the problem. its only a piece to the puzzle in figuring out the issue

laser45v

Aug 1, 2014
Thanks

Thank you. I'm just starting to get worried after attempting to do injectors, my first time attempting it as a young kid I just got scared that I'd have to take apart that tricky drivers aide again due to a faulty injector. Once I do the other side I will keep you guys updated.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
x2 on the atf. I been using it on my truck for the past couple years. I feel that it works better then any additive i have ever tried.