LB7 Owners

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I love my LB7. Don't be scared off by the injectors under the VC's, if you take your time you can do the work yourself with help from the forum. It's not hard, just time consuming.

And I agree that the 01-02 trucks look the best! :D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I may know of a 01' ecsb needing a some engine work... It had newer injectors and
built trans. Maybe even get it with the twins??? We can chat in the morning...

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
just plan ahead and start cleaning up the engine compartment little by little like I did. Relocate the ficm and clean up the wiring. I got rid of that crumply plastic wire runner and wire loomed and cleaned it up nice. I can just unplug a couple connections and it all swings out of the way. Plan on putting a van style thermo housing and upper hose on to make it one less thing to have to work around. So WHEN I have to change mine it will make it that much quicker.

This right here! I did the same thing to mine. Moved the FICM, glow plug module, and fuel filter housing off of the engine. Cuts a bunch out of tear down time and makes the engine look extremely clean!

pgr11

Sep 8, 2014
Hesperia, CA
just plan ahead and start cleaning up the engine compartment little by little like I did. Relocate the ficm and clean up the wiring. I got rid of that crumply plastic wire runner and wire loomed and cleaned it up nice. I can just unplug a couple connections and it all swings out of the way. Plan on putting a van style thermo housing and upper hose on to make it one less thing to have to work around. So WHEN I have to change mine it will make it that much quicker.

This right here! I did the same thing to mine. Moved the FICM, glow plug module, and fuel filter housing off of the engine. Cuts a bunch out of tear down time and makes the engine look extremely clean!
This sounds like it could be very helpful. Any pics of what you guys did? Might be helpful to see how you did it.

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
Chevyburnout1 where did you relocate everything? Do you have some pics, I'd love to see what it looks like now

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
This was back in the day of running a single S366. I didn't have the fuel filter relocated on that setup but it still gives you an idea! The wiring looks like a mess but it was pretty straight forward. I love automotive wiring so it was a blast for me trying to route/hide all the wires. If it wasn't for trying to keep the powdercoating looking great I could probably pull injectors in 15 minutes per side. But then another turbo got mounted on the passenger side and killed that haha.

Made a huge difference I think!

Minnesota DMAX

Jan 11, 2015
New to this site. I have a 02 dmax s&b intake,5" straight pipe and efi live tuned before I bought it 1 yr ago. Just recently it started cutting out bad In the 4th tune only. Feels like it's got a bad miss.not on any other tune just the 4th spot on the dsp5 switch, when I get in the throttle.totally stumped. Amy help is appreciated.nobody I talked to knows what's going on