LB7 or LLY

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I just think the lb7 injectors get as bad wrap and i think like others that alot of problems have been addressed as best can(they arfe still under the valve cover and subject to heat) but they are very capable of delivering alot of fuel.Seams to me the lly lbz lmm you cant add as much tune with the smaller injectors.That being said the LLY suffers from the same rods as the lb7 but the lbz and lmm can be tuned to higher horsepower befor the pistons suffer vs the rods on the lb7.The IHI being smaller stock makes the lb7 suffer vs the lly.Yes i am more familair with the lb7,LLYs need egr delete and cat delete before mods start to happen,IMO the lb7 is a better building block.Not trying to ruffle feathers here just my oppinion.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I've tuned all of them, and I prefer an LB7 anyday of the week to tune. The thing I like most about LB7's is they do what you tell them to do. If I set it to X amount of timing that is what it gives me. The LBZ and LMM's have so many different modifiers in them that it can get frustrating sometimes. Change one table and you have to make sure it works with twenty others. And many don't want to talk about it, but it has been brought up before that LLY's are losing injectors now almost as quick as LB7's. So the injector arguement is pretty well nullified anymore, but the injector rep for LB7's will never die it seems.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
LB7 is much better than the LLY, I tune and drive them all..........I wouldn't own an LLY for any reason.

I have an LB7 and LBZ and maybe an LML in my future.

My LB7 will be on the road for another 10 years, no emmisions, runs like a top, no issues flashing, etc.

The LLY is the red-headed step child if you ask me.............:roflmao:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I have never had a issue with my LLY. It has been a great truck and If you know me. You would know I beat the sh!t out of it And have never had a issue. They are all good trucks. I personally like my LLY and would buy another one in heart beat. I would also buy a lb7 but the injector issue is my only fear. I have seen some lb7 never have a injector problem and then the next one. You are replacing injectors every 50k. Buy whatever truck you like the most. Just my opinion

PF3

May 22, 2013
Looking at buying 2004 Chevy with LB7

I am looking at buying a 2004 Chevy Crew Cab with LB7 Duramax with 134,783 miles. I have heard and read about the injector problems. Does anyone know at how many miles that problem will occur?

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
I went back with another LLY after i wrecked the first one. Love those LiLYs :thumb:

00f3fiddy

Sep 27, 2011
My lly hates to be tuned 95% of the time. Other than that I like it. Well.... I still cant read the tcm for some reason. Anybody want to help me figure that out feel free to pm me! :thumb:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I am looking at buying a 2004 Chevy Crew Cab with LB7 Duramax with 134,783 miles. I have heard and read about the injector problems. Does anyone know at how many miles that problem will occur?
More than likely the injectors have already been replaced in that truck. Normally between 75-100k miles they go out but there are exceptions to the rule.