Central OH
Probably just locked the vanes down at 0%, it'll spool up eventually :rofl:

Would be interested in how you made a controller

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, Ive seen some interesting things on this site before, but this has to be a first.

Billy, you're going to have to do some 'splainin' about what you did b/c Im seeing an LB7 horn, too. How the heck did you get that to work?

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Well, Ive seen some interesting things on this site before, but this has to be a first.

Billy, you're going to have to do some 'splainin' about what you did b/c Im seeing an LB7 horn, too. How the heck did you get that to work?

I can't really see in the picture but it would be easy enough to cut off the old flange and weld a new one to the horn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
I can't really see in the picture but it would be easy enough to cut off the old flange and weld a new one to the horn

Your right. I took the lb7 horn and welded it to a flat plate.

No the vanes arent stuck at 0% lmfao! They are controlled by a rheostat that corresponds with a standalone boost map that piggy backs off of the map, throttle and ambient pressure sensors. Its still laggy but we have alot of work to do.

Motor wise Im using mostly stock parts +- a few things.

Sac nozzles
625 studs
Carrillo bottom end with arp bolts, mahle bearings etc

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
eb0e8e71f90e3caa1807762496507c77.jpg

Dialing it in next week at the local drag strip and yes those are wire nuts on my turbo

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
The guy can make a VVT work on a LB7, but not sure about posting pictures or videos! Lol I love it.

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
The guy can make a VVT work on a LB7, but not sure about posting pictures or videos! Lol I love it.

Haha my laptop wont load the video for some reason and my iPhone doesnt even give me the option on tapatalk

I'll be posting to youtube when its all finished. Pulling the turbo back out along with y bridge and a few other items tomorrow to have it all powdered in deep candy blue at a local shop. And after 20k miles if i can prove to my wife i didnt waste my time she's on board with the sdp twins i want to put on it :thumb:

Also gonna have dyno numbers, 1/8, 1/4 and 0-60 times posted soon. Been really busy with other peoples pickups and trying to finish a drag truck for nrdha before ennis so its gonna be a on and off kinda deal :tired:

Lastly, if anyone has or knows where i can resource 2 lly heads and a fuel rail set along with the ficm and engine bail harness. Im gonna be playing with some fire in the next couple months doing more things that make my wife question me having a bank card :roflmao: