lb7 build from ground up

coreykav

Sep 10, 2014
:)building my lb7 duramax in college and after tearing into it I find myself down to the block. injectors are shot. edge filters filled right up with rust/debris so I know new injectors are going to be in order. also ordered a new stock cp3. after im into it this far though kind of looking to build some goodpower. been looking around and notsure what way to go. kind of looking for prices but not sure on whats best for parts wise and also price wise. would like to make over 600hp. so I know ill need new rods. figured on just reringing the pistons as they are in good shape. but not sure where to go from there. any ideas appreciated1

coreykav

Sep 10, 2014
not too sure. really don't want to go over probably 7k seeing how im gonna have the tranny out soon too. don't want to go to crazy

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
doesnt take too much to get the 600hp mark really, trans ,tune and turbo will get you darn close of course with all supporting mods. Are you ever planning on go any higher then 600?

coreykav

Sep 10, 2014
more than likely yes. the limiting factor right now is money. im a college student. lol I know headstud, figured maybe doing the head with oversized valves, new connecting rods lbz fpr, airdog, new manifolds, efilive, trans,and different turbo wheel? could I put a variable vane on it?

coreykav

Sep 10, 2014
bought a motor kit. crank is being sent out to get keyway cut. ended up wth .020 pistons carillo rods. need a new cam not sure on what to get and also need new valve springs there way under spec. plan on ordering 30% injectors. anyone know what kind of power Im looking at? also would like to know opinions on aftermarket turbos

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
For a cam go here http://www.xtremediesel.com/empire-...-1004-camshaft-w-alternated-firing-order.aspx. Or get a good used cam and have it keyed as well. Just depends on your budget. For springs get a set of Hamiltons since they perform very well and are the most affordable. At minimum if your this deep do 60% Exergys, and get ahold of Dustin at Diesel Addiction for a billet s366 kit. Great kit at a great price. You will do your 650 and probably more very reliable.

coreykav

Sep 10, 2014
just worried about the springs being to heavy for my setup, also don't want to push the stock cp3 to hard for now with huge injectors. I figured that 30% would make good power with a good turbo

coreykav

Sep 10, 2014
and as for a cam iwas looking into hamiltons cams as well. not looking for too much. truck is gonna be used for work as well.

coreykav

Sep 10, 2014
got the crank in and studded, and the carillo rods and mahle .20 pistons in today, been looking at cams. still not sure on what to use as I don't have the money now to upgrade the turbo but I will be down the road. any input?

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
got the crank in and studded, and the carillo rods and mahle .20 pistons in today, been looking at cams. still not sure on what to use as I don't have the money now to upgrade the turbo but I will be down the road. any input?

Call bullet cams. He can regrind ur cam and add key way for like 3 bills