Knock/ Chatter at 2k RPM

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
No those are louder. Maybe it's just the video quality idk. But I mean I think it's an injector going out, or a pushrod. I don't think it's a lifted stick anymore after the video. But I'm no expert

ScreaminDuramax

Sep 19, 2013
Torrance
Okay, so little update, the truck is now making the noise constantly and is very loud. The engine is definitely coming out, but I have to finish my 57 chevy project first (which is almost done) then ill have room for a motor. Ill post a video in a second how loud it is.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
now THAT is a noise i can hear lol. thats either a bent rod or majorly pushed injector

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Before you pull it out try a couple things...
1. EFI can turn off injectors. Shut them off one at time and see if it stops banging. If you don't have access to efi or a scan tool, unplug them one at a time.
2. Do a compression test.

Balancer isn't wobbling is it?

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Mine does the same thing! Has a rapid rattle at 2k Or under a certain load. Has ever since I launched one day in 4X4... Coming from where my dual cp3 is up top.

I've drag raced the truck several times and daily drive the truck. Hope it's nothing major. I have billett hold downs as well.

Injectors are fine as far as balance rates and cp3s hold rail no prpblem.

Last edited:

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Just watched the vids... Mine sounds different than that. Mine is a fast paced rpm more rattle. That sounds like my truck when I Blew an injector out.

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
Blew an injector out

X2 I did the same thing a couple years ago.

OP: Bend some break line for the end on your air compressor and use a mirror to look down the bore. Always use new o-rings and copper washers. Also check the injectors for knicks if you have them out. I had a tip that was knicked and thats why I couldn't get mine to seal.

Last edited: